Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] PMK Map Pack 1

Page 1 of 4Next

A collection of maps I've been working on since the SDK release

It can be found at:
http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=180

Difficulty: Mixed
Size: Mixed

It contains:
3 Regular maps with challenges,
3 Advanced maps and
6 small extra maps

BMZ format for easy installation using Portal's bonus map menu

Enjoy :)

:potd:

YES! I'm glad you came on over... This map pack rocks! (still working on my golds. got all 3 golds on pk1, and portal gold on pk2, still working on the others)

and welcome to ThinkingWithPortals btw

do NOT click this

I beat the 3 regular maps and the 6 extra maps, but the 3 advanced maps are still locked to me.

Ralen wrote:
I beat the 3 regular maps and the 6 extra maps, but the 3 advanced maps are still locked to me.

Are you sure?

When you beat a basic map, you unlock the corrispective advanced one.

Mmmmh... probably you have sv_cheats at 1?

Howewer, i made a video on the three advanced maps
Don't open it if you haven't finished those by yourself

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=6opGwSmEMsc

I usually demorec the blind ride of every map i try, if you want it send me a private message.
(I'll stop recording if i die.)

I've already commented on this awesome pack on myaperturelabs, but let me add how damn clever the time attack challenge on map n?2 is. To get gold you have to use a COMPLETELY different strategy from the normal, and the result makes you feel incredibly smart when you figure it out.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

This map pack absolutely has to enter the community spotlight.

Edit: to make your maps even more perfect you may want to add mist and reflections (I dont know how they're called... cubemaps maybe?) to this goo here in map 2 and 2 advanced:

this was a great map pack

infernet89 wrote:
Are you sure?

When you beat a basic map, you unlock the corrispective advanced one.

I downloaded the regular chambers and advanced chambers separately from myaperturelabs.com, but I didn't download the advanced chambers until after I had already beaten the regular chambers.

Ralen wrote:
I downloaded the regular chambers and advanced chambers separately from myaperturelabs.com, but I didn't download the advanced chambers until after I had already beaten the regular chambers.

well then just replay them and rebeat them, or better yet, delete everything and reinstall the release he has here, and replay it all. it should be really easy now that you know what to do. and he fixed one part of one of the maps. furthermore (much like the orriginal levels) these are actually fun to replay...

i've got all 3 golds on PK1, gold portal and steps on PK2 and PK3, just have to get gold times for pk2/pk3

do NOT click this

Firstly, thank you all for your great support. I'm truly flattered that you enjoyed my maps.

And as for the unlocking problem I was unsure about the add-on working 100% when I uploaded it so here are two ways to solve it if your having the same problem:

1. Do what rellikpd said above
or
2. Change the locked status manually by going to the directory:
C:Program FilesValveSteamSteamApps<USERNAME>portalportalmapsPMK2_advanced

Once there, open advanced.bns with notepad and change "1" to "0" where it says "lock". Do this each map entry and save.

That should hopefully unlock them. Sorry about the dodgy split file. I'll add a note to the map download details stating the problem.

Thanks again.

Maz

Kiavik wrote:
to make your maps even more perfect you may want to add mist and reflections (I dont know how they're called... cubemaps maybe?) to this goo here in map 2 and 2 advanced:

Seems I overlooked that goo pit quite a bit. First the box not respawning and now the effects. I had a quick look at the map in hammer and there is indeed no particle emitter in sight. There is a cube map present but I guess the room is too dark to reflect clearly. I'll resist updating the maps unless any more problems are found.

Maz

Page 1 of 4Next