Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Origin of symmetry

PreviousPage 2 of 2
msleeper wrote:
Yeah I don't think it is fullbright, just very bland lighting.

ALSO KNOWN AS FULLY BRIGHT AKA FULLBRIGHT.

I know it has lights, you retards.

Duffedwaffe wrote:

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH (and when you're wrong).

Duffedwaffe wrote:

Calm down duff! It's people like you that turn these nice threads into 'gangstuh' ghettos and 'crunk' hangouts.

Congrats on your first map Victor. It may have been short and simple but it was fun.

I have to agree with everyone about using prefabs. At this point it's good to learn how these things work by experimenting with them yourself.

I also have to agree with the lighting comments, it was awfully bright in there. Lighting can be tricky to learn, I'm still working on it myself. keep mapping and you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Hope you had fun mapping. We look forward to seeing more maps from you.

dvlstx wrote:
Calm down duff! It's people like you that turn these nice threads into 'gangstuh' ghettos and 'crunk' hangouts.

Yo G u shud shut u trap b4 i kum shut it 4 u lol

nice map
once i figured a way to do it i realised that this map can be done quite fast...
is there a way to add a timer?? i have tried adding one by modifying the .bns file but it doesnt come up with the challenges...

reepblue wrote:
Nice map of a beginner. . Lets go over the pros and cons!
Pros

-The map was a good map for a beginner... Better then my first maps. :P
-Was challenging but not hard. .

Cons
-No Cubemaps are built or put in!
-Lighting. . . . One light bulb set to 800 never works..
-Indicators?
-No clues. Even for a map this simple needs clues. . Try texturing!

I couldn't say it better myself.
Btw, I think this isn't the intended solution of the last part of the puzzle (since the elevator does not open until you actually step on the "grate thingy" in front of the door. Plus I didn't need the square of portalable floor.
One more thing: Release your map as WIP next time first so you can get feedback, fix the glitches and have a great map after releasing the final version :idea:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Sorry, but how do I actually play the map? Do I have to mess with the console or something?

Edit: Never mind.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

this map is too easy.

PreviousPage 2 of 2