Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] One Way Loop

PreviousPage 4 of 4
iamafractal wrote:
there have already been several maps that allow you to throw cubes into goo without killing them.

It's not because a thing was done many times that it becomes good...

The goo isn't transparent, so you usually can't get your cube back if you misplaced it or forgot where it is, leading you to being struck.

And in goo, you never know if the abscence of Glados voice means "my cube can go in go" or "the scripting is messed up in this map"

To me, it is a design flaw.

In electrified water, seems you can make the floor under it portalable, allowing you to get your cubes back in case you mess up. And you can always see your cube is there and isn't destroyed.

Thanks to Portal, someone's birthday is now the most feared day in the year...
NO! THE CAKE! NOOOOOOOO !

Thanks for comments, criticisms, suggestions. I am incorporating these ideas into a new map that I am currently making.

I've fixed (hopefully) the cubemap and spawning without gun issue in a recent update of the map which can be found at the same page it was before.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying my map and I enjoyed making it!

Hey man, long time reader, first time poster.

Pretty good map, although I think that I agree with people about the 'instant death' thing. I had no troubles with any of the puzzles using quicksaving and quickloading, but it kinda sucked being killed every single time i stuffed up.

The first bit was good, only wish there was a way to escape the pits once you've trapped yourself in them.

The second turret puzzle was brilliant, one of the most effective turret puzzles ive seen in a while.

The third puzzle, with the toxic water...i didn't use the cubes at all. It's kinda hard to describe what i did, but i basically dropped an orange portal facing horizontally on the level of the toxic water. I then walked off the edge right above the orange portal, shooting the blue portal into the lower pit as i fell. I then landed through the orange portal and came out of the pit.

After about 30 tries to get that, i was kinda pissed of when the turret started shooting at me. Luckily though, i escaped with next to no health ;)

Good map, but please make that toxic thing a bit more obvious :)

Great map, it seems nowadays that people are obsessed with flinging, but at last someone has done a map that takes brainpower and not just timing and angles. A great map, I particularly enjoyed the turret room, that was brill!
Thanks

phil :wink:

Even the longest journey begins with a single portal
PreviousPage 4 of 4