Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Glados Voice map

Page 1 of 4Next

Been a while since I've made a portal map. :)

So, me and my friend were trying to make a new Glados voice and the results came out pretty good so I decided to make a little test map to see how it sounds ingame.

The map is not long and kind of easy but you can find two new music tracks and new Glados voice in there.

Map by Hen Mazolski
Glados voice and music by Koolfox

Download:
Glados Voice map

Enjoy :)

I really liked it. Alot.

The music were awesome, and so were the custom voices :D

Please tell me how you do the voices and does it cost any money? cause i don't have any :(

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. :)

About your question, let my friend Koolfox answer:

I did the voice of Glados using the Melodyne VSTi Plug-in (There is also a stand-alone version, and a tutorial on how to do the voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQn66gvwKA)
I used this text-to-speech site to emulate a female voice http://www.neospeech.com and I recorded from there the lines Hen7 gave me, combine the two and WALLA! Glados at Full Form :D, hope I helped. Koolfox.

Thanks alot! now i might get inspiration for new stuff on my project....

:D
EDIT:

Are the only thing in melodyne demo that you can't save? :D

EDIT 2:

So not i just recorded the sound from melodyne so that i have it anyway ^^

So it works! THANKS ALOT! :D

Yep.

very nice. the music was great, and the voice was nice. the only problems i found are that the voice continues even if you pause the game. and in the case of the first door, it then takes awhile for a the environment to catch up. also, it might be good to make it a little louder, because when the turret talked i could'nt make out a word the GLaDOS voice was saying.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
again wrote:
very nice. the music was great, and the voice was nice. the only problems i found are that the voice continues even if you pause the game. and in the case of the first door, it then takes awhile for a the environment to catch up. also, it might be good to make it a little louder, because when the turret talked i could'nt make out a word the GLaDOS voice was saying.

It doesn't stop because he's using ambient_generic and not the scene thing. (can't remember it's name). To fix it he should put them into scene files. :P

Even though the map was pretty short, I really liked it. I did not really find the map hard, but the map kept my interest. The music, was awesome, and I finally got to see Koolfox's GLaDOS voices in action which surprised me very. (And you know why I'm happy to see it, lets stop there :))

Awesome work Hen. :thumbup:

EDIT: I played it again, And I found this. . . .

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

Wow how did you got that happen?

Hen7 wrote:
Wow how did you got that happen?

I don't know, I threw the cube on top of the button and the door closed as soon as I went to go in. I noticed the cube was on the ground and I was like, "huh. Lets try that again." And I noticed that the brush was not soild for the cube anymore.

It might have been a running error, or you made the brush toggle its solidity.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
Page 1 of 4Next