Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[ RELEASE ] FollowTheLeader

PreviousPage 3 of 3

just finished playing it...
the style of the map was great, though, as I already said in some topic, I am not so good player (bad at flings), so I didn't like some puzzles (especially the end one). The end of the map seemed confusing to me too. Basically, noone would want to jump into a dark pit full of turret lasers :? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Just played it, it was pretty good.

Some remarks:

In what I think is the second room difficult room (after the tutorial rooms), I was standing around looking for what to do, with energy balls flying all around, when one of them accidently opened a door way up at the ceiling. I quickly put a portal through it and I skipped more or less the entire room. At least it felt that way, I dunno.

Then in the last room, after I got to the top and opened the door to the ceiling button, I was a bit at a loss as to what I should do, because the pit before the room definitely didn't look deep enough to reach the ceiling button. Finally I tried it anyway, and it worked. I know about the speed cap so your solution to push is good, but you should probably make the pit deeper anyway to convince the player that pit-jumping is not an exercise in futility that shouldn't even be tried.

I just played it, the map was awesome, save for 2 things:

1. the GLaDOS voices were TOO DAMN LOUD! i think i burst an eardrum or two.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

http://thespaceturkey.wordpress.com/
The following statement is false
The preceding statement is true

Really nice map. Slick new mechanic, and you do a really nice job of teaching the player how it works. Overall, never frustrating, but a satisfying level of moderate challenge. The levels are visually very nice as well. I particularly loved flying vertically up through the grids, I didn't even really notice the "push" I got, although I was a bit surprised that the pit was deep enough for that to work.

A couple of notes from my experience:

I felt a bit like I skiped puzzles in a couple of areas. First,

Spoiler

Spoiler

Portal Magazine WIP.
The device has been modified,so you has been PWNED!

SEX!

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

This was a really fun map, and an interesting new play mechanic. Some really clever puzzles there. ;)

The ending fling would probably be better without the artificial boost. It's unintuitive; I couldn't figure out the technique at first because judging by the height it seemed obvious that the fling would not reach high enough... I tried anyway after a while, and realized there was an extra boost. :P

By the way, I dare you try to do a speedrun with "portal funnel" off... I tried the ending swing 20 or 30 times, but always ended up a little off and hit a ceiling. When I switched the portal funnel setting on, I made the fling to the top on my first try... :)

I like maps like this. They offer multiple solutions to clever puzzles. :)

:wink:

I enjoyed this map, i am rubbish at flinging, but didnt have too many probs here. Thought overall it was quite puzzly and textures/rooms were great, especially last room. Was a bit dissapointed by the ending tho' did it a few times as I thought my system had gone bonk!, would have been nice to end in a room full of turrents with minimal cover, i love shooting those little bas**rds !!
Thanks, great map :D

Even the longest journey begins with a single portal
PreviousPage 3 of 3