Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[ RELEASE ] FollowTheLeader

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Thx for the feedback.

Yeah, I wanted to keep it easy for introducing a simple new mechanic.

Good eye on the texture. If I get time, ill update that.

Yeah, GLaDOS's voice was a bit overused in hindsight. I'll work to keep that to a minimum for future maps.

- Beditheory

Well built? Check
Cool new mechanic? Check
Fairly long? Check
Fun to play? Check

All in all, an awesome map. Cant wait to see your next one!

Great map and solid new concept but I couldn't figure out how to

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

mazk1985 wrote:
Great map and solid new concept but I couldn't figure out how to
Spoiler

just

Spoiler

Howewer, great map, i really enjoyed playing that.

I made a speed run on that, final time is 2:39:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTRUYuFRSy4

I usually demorec the blind ride of every map i try, if you want it send me a private message.
(I'll stop recording if i die.)

WoW. Nice speed run. I guess the way my map is designed its hard to get really short times like other portal maps. Hopefully, I can design something next time which wont require you to wait so long for energy balls, doors to open, etc.

Cool map + cool mechanic!
A couple of things I noted:

Spoiler

i haven't finished this yet. i got a massive headache (irl) and am working on my nephews computer... but i played till the part where glados says

Spoiler
so i assume i'm close to the end.

but so far i have 2 things to say
1) amazingly made (aside from the recessed lighting... which looks a little off)
2) what a cool new concept! fun and dangerous at the same time

do NOT click this

very fun map, but there were a few weird things I encountered.

. The button is very easy to get to at the top of the ceiling. you can just

Spoiler

. I thought it was a little "cheap" that you used a ?trigger push? to push the player on the fling at the last room. I think it should be all using portal's mechanics, not an outside force.

. the last tall room with the button on the ceiling. There is no point at all to have the middle "layers" or floors, or their portalable walls. I did this:

Spoiler

. I think Im missing something. at the end, I push the button, then fall through the floor and there's a bunch of turret lasers for a split second, and then the level ends. :?: :|

Yeah I used a trigger push.

Spoiler

You're right about the middle floors. Though, I did want to make it seem like there were multiple ways of solving the puzzle. With my friends testing the map, they never found the "short" solution. So, I dunno. Maybe they are not good portal players.

The end of level was meant to be sorta anti-climatic. I didn't intend for it to be confusing.

Thanks for the feedback.

well, I didnt know about the velocity cap. I guess that's ok then. cool to see that you made a long way and a short way. thanks for clearing it up

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next