Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Chambers Three

Page 1 of 4Next

Download link:
dload.php?action=file&file_id=182

Screenshots:
ImageImage
[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2918/chambersthree30023rp6.th.jpg[/img]

Description:
Three maps of varying difficulty. They're mostly pretty easy, and generally pretty fun. I'm hoping there's some new stuff in there, but I designed and built the maps last september - november, and I have no clue what the community has been up to. There may be some minor issues here and there, but there shouldnt be any debilitating issues. You get stuck in the elevators on the map changes, so just pound the jump and move keys till you're free.

Install directions:
Unzip the zip into your portal directory. Maps should end up in maps, materials into materials and sounds in sounds. Then load up the map in the Bonus maps under "Interitus's Maps"

http://interitus.deviantart.com

Very, Very good. Fix those energy ball launchers in chamber 3 though :)

Whats wrong with them?

Interitus wrote:
Whats wrong with them?

when you reload near them, they shoot 2 or more pellets at a time, creating a big mess :wink:
Or at least one of them does. Its in the very last section.

one of them doesnt shoot anything

the one that doesnt shoot anything is in the last section too. it is the room that is just 3 levels, the ball launcher is on the wall in a depression and the catcher is on the roof above the level farthest from the door.

Overall a nicely paced map with some interesting puzzles. One part that I found a bit off though was

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Its no big deal, just a bit random.

Otherwise great map

Maz :)

These maps were great. I laughed when I saw

Spoiler

The first map was pretty simple, I think the second map was my favorite (I

Spoiler
and was even able to activate the ball catcher in the f-ed up test chamber, although it didn't do anything), and the third was the most challenging.

In the first map, I couldn't find a use for that pit on the far side of the toxic goo in the room with the sentry gun.

My only minor complaint is about the doors in the observation area in the second map. Even though you can open them, they don't have rendered handles on them, which had me wondering what to do for a while at first since in Portal any door without a rendered handle typically can't be opened.

Thanks guys :) Glad the feedback is mostly positive other than a few nagging problems :D

Kiavik wrote:
when you reload near them, they shoot 2 or more pellets at a time, creating a big mess :wink:
Or at least one of them does. Its in the very last section.

I'm not sure there's anything I could do about that without completely redoing the launcher/catchers, and I used a prefab, so I'm not 100% sure what was going on with those.

Browen wrote:
one of them doesnt shoot anything

There was a long delay in that room that I never(apparently) got around to fixing, and I couldnt figure out why the door stayed open. The door should have trapped you in there till you got the ball in the catcher.

Ralen wrote:
In the first map, I couldn't find a use for that pit on the far side of the toxic goo in the room with the sentry gun.

My only minor complaint is about the doors in the observation area in the second map. Even though you can open them, they don't have rendered handles on them, which had me wondering what to do for a while at first since in Portal any door without a rendered handle typically can't be opened.

I guess depending on how you got thru the door, imafractal mentioned to me on MSN that there's a portable wall thru the door, but I havent had time to check it out. The pit was there

Spoiler
As for the doors, I dont know how to make door handles. I know I could have used a prop_door, but I didnt like the prop_doors available. One door is usable.

mazk1985 wrote:
. One part that I found a bit off though was
Spoiler

Yeah, thats one of the puzzles of that room. Took me a while to get the outputs on that one working. :|

Did you mean to create a separate folder for the sounds?

The folder in Portal is called sound (no "s").

I extracted manually, so I'm not hearing Glados' voice. Sometimes that can be a good thing though. :P

Page 1 of 4Next