Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] BoxyTrixy!

PreviousPage 3 of 3
Glovis wrote:
Aldez, looks like you like doing everything the hard way :)
And sorry for the autosave fiasco!

I'm doing it the hardcore way, duh. :P

This was an excellent map. It took me about an hour to get through it the first time but I did it without any hints or cheating. I give you an A+ for this map, great job.

:wink:

I'm glad you all like it! Makes me want to make another map, maybe a companion cube map. Or maybe I should just wait till Portal 2 comes out.

Thinking with portals seems to be more of a site for mappers, but I also got a lot of positive reviews over at myAperturelabs.com which has less mappers and more general gamers. 15 votes (the most votes for any map since Escape from Cryolab), and a 4.8/5.0 score, the highest score of any map that has more than 2 votes. So I'm pleased.

When I made the map, I couldn't tell what the difficulty level was because the solutions were in my head from the beginning :)! But after reading everyone's comments, it seems like it hit the sweetspot: mind-bending but not impossible. Thanks for your feedback.

Glovis wrote:
When I made the map, I couldn't tell what the difficulty level was because the solutions were in my head from the beginning :)! But after reading everyone's comments, it seems like it hit the sweetspot: mind-bending but not impossible. Thanks for your feedback.

You did. I hope you do come out with another map soon. Don't wait for Portal 2.

Agreed, although I didn't jizz my pants over boxytrixy, by no means was the map BAD. It can also very regularly take me a bit longer to figure out simple puzzles, over thinking and seeing what glitches the designer missed take up a lot of my time =p.

Chamber 74: Speed Run, Least Portals
Affinity: Least Portals
PreviousPage 3 of 3