Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Release] Aperture Discord/Test Chamber 23

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Very great map, it seems like there's a lot of different ways to reach the end.
I didn't noticed anything strange, except for the first hand-pushed button, the one that

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. Took me a while to figure what it was doing
Spoiler
. You should use some dotted lines like in the official maps.
Anyway, really great, I give it an 8 out of 10.

I saw the video and i can't believe i missed the room to get the cube :shock:
I actually did the ninja mode without knowing xD

Ninja mode:

Spoiler

By the way, the last jump is really tight. Took me like 10 tries to get to the other side :S...

just played it... it was way too hard for me, I couldn't believe I am such a bad player :roll:
especially the flings... I don't like flings.
anyway, I was unable to complete the catcher puzzle, as I didn't know there is a portalable wall on the other side of the glass, above it.

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

I don't know why so many people are having trouble with the ball catcher, I figured it out on the first try.

Great map, but the last fling could have been easier, or at least have no goo, but something else so you can't die.

I don't lag, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.

Great map. I actually managed to play straight through it without cheats or hints, and I tend to think I'm terrible at those tricky fling maneuvers. Or maybe I'm just getting better after fighting my way through so many insanely tough maps.

The only part I struggled on for a bit was the room with the crushing spikes - for whatever reason I couldn't make the straight-forward solution work for me, and so ended up with a much more tricky

Spoiler
It took me quite a few tries to get that to work, and it was mostly luck.

I was most impressed with how you set up flings that I would have sworn weren't possible, but that I managed to get in the first couple of tries. I would never have thought it was possible by looking at it to

Spoiler
but I gave it a shot anyway, and got in on the first try. I stared at that last fling across the acid pool for a few minutes as well, and just couldn't see any possible way to make that happen, but there was also so clearly no other option, so I gave it a shot and got it on about the fifth try. Very nice use of
Spoiler
, I've never seen it demonstrated so clearly before.

I just played this map. I didn't have to much trouble with the ball catcher, but that

Spoiler

The rest was well done, and challenging, but not impossible.
:wink:

:wink:
PreviousPage 3 of 3