Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Agito

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Cool ideas. The map looked pretty cool.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Basically...I think the ideas were good but the presentation could have been a bit better. Maybe some GlaDOS clips here and there, some more creative lighting, perhaps a FREAKING PORTAL GUN?!?! (just kidding...it was alright without a portal gun)

Talgoran wrote:
perhaps a FREAKING PORTAL GUN?!?! (just kidding...it was alright without a portal gun)

lol :D
Earlier, when I thought the game_text entities were going to work, right when the alarm goes off, a message appears saying "test subject 0430 breaching test chamber 326" or something like that. sadly I had to remove it, as it didnt work :( . I know it doesnt make that much sense, but I wanted to do a self-destruction sequence :wink: .

glad to see that it was adrenaline pumping for you. I spent a long time making sure that there were explosions right behind the player in the last part

Great level design, and great puzzles. I liked the look of the environment, and the rotational style of the puzzles. I wasn't bothered at all by not having a portal gun.

My primary criticism is that I found it far too easy to get trapped so that I was forced to reload. In the first room, I'm not sure why it's necessary to make the floating/rotating room accessible at all, as it's both visually confusing and clearly a bit buggy. The first time I tried to walk into it, I got stuck on some clipping glitch, the second time I entered the box, but couldn't get out. The third time, I left the box and was stuck on the floor.

Later in the level, I walked off the top of the broken elevator and was trapped again, then got stuck falling down the lift shaft.

Other than that, I found it very enjoyable. I really liked the look of the ending. I'm not exactly sure what the "storyline" is, if you had one in mind, but it looked good.

Hope that helps with future revisions.

yeah, unfortunately, I didnt design the first room very well. If I had to do it over again, I would have made that cube at least 3 times as big, because it is very hard to make it so that you can go into it. and there is no reason to go into the cube. I used to have it so you had to place a cube in there, but that didnt work out so well, so I scrapped it. I left it so that you can go into it just for the heck of it. sorry for the confusion

Wow... really nice map. It's really refreshing in a series of Portal-copies, whilst still sticking slightly to the 'feel' of the original. Nice puzzles, even without portals, nice ideas, and a very nice ending (it's really scary, and with no cake!)

However, I also have a few sidenotes.

Firstly, I see that textures aren't always properly aligned, and I have the feeling not all brushes are either.

Secondly, why did you turn off the crosshairs? It has no real impact on gameplay, but I just wonder. Is it to give the player an even stronger feeling of being rendered alone, with no tools or help whatsoever?

"Duct Tape is the answer."

Ricotez: I feel that in first person shooters, you should be immersed in the game as possible. less HUD = less clutter on the screen and more immersive. at least thats what I hope for

well i replayed it. and there are still some texture errors and at the end there is a giant ERROR model lol. BUT: most of it worked better. and considering how you came to this forum, and where you are now. this is really good.

what i MOST like about YOUR style is how you make things look dilapidated.. you have perhaps one of the best styles when it comes to makeing things look old, worn down, and broked.

keep up the good work.

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
what i MOST like about YOUR style is how you make things look dilapidated.. you have perhaps one of the best styles when it comes to makeing things look old, worn down, and broked.

thank you so much. that's what I had been shooting for with the look since I started this thing. I'm glad that learning to make custom overlays was a good idea, as most of them are custom made by me.

and the error model should not show up I think if you have the portal flash version map pack installed correctly. maybe Im wrong though

Yalow wrote:
It was pretty good.

A lot of the lighting seemed to be coming from nowhere, and some parts (like the room with all the explosions) I had no idea what to do.

I don't know if it's intentional for you to be able to get out of the open area at the end (I assume not), but you can if you climb up the truck.

The puzzles were interesting, but I don't really see the point in a portal map without the portal gun, or at least some autoportals.

The "remember the path" puzzle was neat, but could have been presented better, with maybe a screen, or something showing the message.

I loved the room with

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
I thought that was a cool touch.

Overall, good job.

OMG YOU ACTUALLY POSTED!

*ahem* anyways, I haven't played the map yet, but I'll edit when I do.

I don't lag, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.

The only problem i had was that in the room with the three buttons, two of which in the air, (and unlimited boxes) you only had to put boxes on the two floating buttons and the door would open, but just for the heck of it i got another box down and pressed down the last one. Also, even though the box in the first chamber is accessable just for the heck of it, the button inside of it really adds to the feel that your supposed to go inside, and could cause players to get stuck.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next