Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Red portal won't fire HELP

I am on a Mac, using Snow Leopard. My Red Gun will not fire. I have edited the mouse button both ways, back and forth, and it will still not fire. In other words, by default, the Mouse 1 button should fire the Red portal, and Mouse 2 button fires the blue portal. The Mouse 2 button fires the Blue just fine, but the Mouse 1 (left) button does nothing. When I go to the Edit, I changed it so that Mouse 1 will fire the Blue, and Mouse 2 will fire the Red. Now the left button will fire the blue, and the Mouse 2 button does nothing. Anyone have a solution? I thought perhaps that the Red portal capabiliity doesn't show up until later, but without it I am stuck and have a non-working Portal. How do I contact Valve, to get this resolved? :?

dgrove21 wrote:
I am on a Mac, using Snow Leopard. My Red Gun will not fire. I have edited the mouse button both ways, back and forth, and it will still not fire. In other words, by default, the Mouse 1 button should fire the Red portal, and Mouse 2 button fires the blue portal. The Mouse 2 button fires the Blue just fine, but the Mouse 1 (left) button does nothing. When I go to the Edit, I changed it so that Mouse 1 will fire the Blue, and Mouse 2 will fire the Red. Now the left button will fire the blue, and the Mouse 2 button does nothing. Anyone have a solution? I thought perhaps that the Red portal capabiliity doesn't show up until later, but without it I am stuck and have a non-working Portal. How do I contact Valve, to get this resolved? :?

upgrade_portalgun on the console?

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.

First of all, are you playing Portal or Portal 2? Second, where are you in whichever game you're playing? In both Portal and Portal 2 there's a period of time where you can only fire one portal. Finally, if you do want to contact VALVe you can do so through their website: https://support.steampowered.com/

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Yeah, I bet you just haven't played long enough.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I wondered if it might be that it becomes active later. But, there is no feedback whatsoever that would give me a clue. I am at the very beginning, and am such a novice that I haven't figured out how to get out of where I am. It is the room after I got out of the first one. (I got into video games late --I am 62 -- and sometimes it takes me awhile!! It is helpful to know that it is supposed to be that way

You get the orange portal gun after you meet GLaDOS. You'll know when that happens.

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!

The easiest thing to remember when playing Portal is always look for the light -- that's usually where you have to go.