Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Problem with the euphanizer (SP)

Page 1 of 2Next

I have a euphanizer set up in my map, all the triggers and whatnot are set, but I can't seem to get it to open. It appears closed, but you can walk through it. How would I go about setting it to open?

You need to use animations to open and close it.
The input is "set animation" and the parameters are "open" or "close"

As for walking through it, the model is not solid by default, and you should build a solid surrounding for it using nodraw. You will also need to use nodraw func_doors, that open and close at the same time as the model animations, for the top part that opens.

See the button and door tutorial on the wiki, as the principle is the same, other that the animation thing.

Well where would I put the door, and where would it go?

When I tried to put an incinerator/ephenizor in my map, and triggered it to 'setanimation' 'open', it kept replaying the open animation over and over, instead of just playing it once and staying open. How do i get it to stay open?

Euthanize, euthanized, euthanizer

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Duffedwaffe wrote:
Well where would I put the door, and where would it go?

Make 2 doors, and put them in the iris part of the model, oriented on the same angle. Make them as two halves of an octagon. When you trigger the open animaton, make these 2 doors slide outwards to either side, to allow objects to fall through.

Leck wrote:
When I tried to put an incinerator/ephenizor in my map, and triggered it to 'setanimation' 'open', it kept replaying the open animation over and over, instead of just playing it once and staying open. How do i get it to stay open?

Either you have mistakenly selected "set default animation" instead of "set animation", or your triggering mechanism is repeating itself somewhere.

NocturnalGhost wrote:
As for walking through it, the model is not solid by default, and you should build a solid surrounding for it using nodraw.

To anyone reading this, I suggest using Invisible instead. NoDraw can make things you WANT visible go invisible.

if im not mistaken, it was actually refered to as an 'incinerator' in the game... they wanted you to euthanize your cube in the incinerator.

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

GLaDOS consistently refers to them as "Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator[s]."

But that's a bit of a mouthful, so "incinerator" or "euthanizer" are fine with me. (Although technically a euthanizer should be for killing the Companion Cube only.)

Cr00ked.

How about a Fifteen Hundred Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy-Duty Super Colliding Super Button?

Page 1 of 2Next