Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Problem with button

I followed the tutorial NullSoldier posted , but when the button is pressed it stays pressed for like 3 seconds then it bounces.When i get a cube and put it on the button the cube bounces. Am i the only one ho had this problem?

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.

eh, let's see. On your parent entity, the box underneath the button to make it move, did you make sure that delay before reset is at 0? If you have that at anything else, it will reset itself after a number of seconds or just not work again.

The button, itself, should be fine, as it is just parented to the parent entity, so it doesn't really do anything.

On your trigger, make sure the delay before reset in that is set to 0, and all outputs should be either OnStartTouch or OnEndTouchAll with no delay.

Does that help at all? I'm still kinda new myself, and had alot of similar problems.

If you cant get it working, I will send you a room w/ a button that you can actually pull up in your editor to check against.

Thank you very much! The delay was 4. It seems that this wasn't included in the tutorial

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.

I am going to go through the tutorial and update it later today.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

While you're at it, reorganize the paragraphs of instructions into bulleted lists, will ya? Thanks.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Mid-way finished, but it should be a lot easier to follow now.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.