Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Post your workshop maps here

PreviousPage 7 of 61Next

Lemur, just did your test. It works, but I didn't need the box, and was able to get through without even waking up the turrets. Not sure if that was intentional. I then proceeded to jump down behind them and destroy them all.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68631615

This is Friendly Neighbourhood Turrets, my second map on the new editor.

It involves a fair bit of Portal 1 style turret removal, Repulsion Gel, Hard Light Walls, Discouragement Fields and all the other goodies you come to expect from a nice custom map.

This is rated Medium-Hard as while the puzzles are not incredibly complicated, defeating the turrets can be quite nasty if you haven't played Portal that much.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560941285504939856/110E385899FED59FDD10747566FA55F88809A5EC/

-----------------------------------
Skyward Clockworks
-----------------------------------

Description
This test chamber contains several advanced flinging challenges and you only get a short time limit for each fling. Don't worry though, when the time is up, you can try again. To add to that, some flings include mid-air portal placements.
So grab your portal gun, keep an eye on the counter and get ready to soar through the skies!

Download Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=68632939

If you like flinging around the test chamber more than messing around with those funnels and lasers, then this is the map for you.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.

Is anyone else getting the 'error building puzzle' thing? I've literally tried everything and it won't let me playtest or publish my puzzle. u,u

Next time it gives you an error, click the help button.

I see that people share a link that directs them to the Steam Workshop Community where we can try maps created with this new editor. That was my first guess to what would be done. I heard of some new editor coming out but didn't know much about it. So after wondering why my game is doing such a lengthly update, I realized what this is. Using this editor is as easy as placing items in Sim City 2000.

Now here's one thing I noticed. I'm one of those people that will go through all the directories to see what there. In one of the dlc map folders, I found newchamber.bsp. I'm assuming that's the default start chamber for this new editor. So lets say I completed a map and found it in one of my directories as a .bsp file, you would think that it could be uploaded to this site in the Portal 2 [SP] section. I don't really plan on this because these maps pretty much have their place in the Steam Workshop Community. I'm just wondering if anyone else might have noticed this.

Map name:
Jumping fate
Description:
This is my first portal 2 map and it's done with the new editor. It's "developed vertically" so it's not very big. I hope you'll enjoy it. Any constructive comment is very welcome.

Download Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=68602746

Idolon wrote:
Next time it gives you an error, click the help button.

Just in case you weren't 100% sure, 'I've tried literally everything' usually covers the most obvious option as well as several others.

The help button wasn't very helpful.

SkyFerret wrote:
I see that people share a link that directs them to the Steam Workshop Community where we can try maps created with this new editor. That was my first guess to what would be done. I heard of some new editor coming out but didn't know much about it. So after wondering why my game is doing such a lengthly update, I realized what this is. Using this editor is as easy as placing items in Sim City 2000.

Now here's one thing I noticed. I'm one of those people that will go through all the directories to see what there. In one of the dlc map folders, I found newchamber.bsp. I'm assuming that's the default start chamber for this new editor. So lets say I completed a map and found it in one of my directories as a .bsp file, you would think that it could be uploaded to this site in the Portal 2 [SP] section. I don't really plan on this because these maps pretty much have their place in the Steam Workshop Community. I'm just wondering if anyone else might have noticed this.

You're suprised that a map maker creates map files? Good God, what's wrong with this forum today? o.O

mZLY wrote:
You're suprised that a map maker creates map files? Good God, what's wrong with this forum today? o.O

Not surprised at all that it creates a map file or a .bsp. I'm just wondering if people will take that file and upload it here instead of the workshop community on Steam. Or, is the admin okay with uploading here. Seeing that it's so easy to use, there might be an overwhelming amount of uploads to this site.

Workshop maps go here. Workshop maps that are uploaded to the downloads section or linked in an incorrect place will probably be deleted or moved.

PreviousPage 7 of 61Next