Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Post your Portal 2 Authoring Tool Bugs

PreviousPage 4 of 15Next

Not sure if it is a bug, but it is really confusing:
- All of my triggers turned to 'normal brushes' and I cant edit the Entity-Properties anymore
- The strange thing about that: all triggers still work when they get triggered.

Does anyone know how to fix that? I cant edit the outputs, but I need to. :roll:

[back on TWP since 08. July 2017]
Steam: DrFauli

Turn off ignore grouping ("ig" button)

^Click to go to my Steam Community Profile^

I'm having trouble with what seems like a mass copy/paste issue or just copy/paste in general.

The first time I saw it was when I copied a button. It copied just fine, but when I tried to turn it 180 degrees it disappeared. I could still see the + sign on the wireframe, but I could only select it once I moved my entire level away and delete it. I didn't notice it when it first happened, but I'd get the phantom buttons (2 of them this happened to) when I compiled and show up physically in the map.

The next instance of this was when I was mass copy/pasting the shooter panels for my mini game map. They use point_push to accelerate a sphere, but when I copied a set of panels to place on the opposite side of the room, I got these phantom pushers in the middle of the air, presumably in the location where I first pasted it to. These do not show up AT ALL any more and even when I "select all" and move the entire map to another location the phantom pushers are still there. This has basically fucked up my map beyond repair, and I dont know if I have the patience to do it all again. Maybe if I manually selected everything and moved it or copied it to a new map file it would fix the problem.

EDIT: The second problem doesnt seem to be one anymore. For some reason, the radius of one of the pushers got changed to an immense size but the sphere surrounding it was not the correct size. But, the only reason I found this out was when I manually copied some stuff into a new file and then the correct size sphere was shown. Odd.

Having an issue with the Hammer Editor which comes with the Sdk. Every 10 minutes the whole screen will go black and then a minute later will return with this error: http://i52.tinypic.com/2q9c906.png. Before you shout gfx card, its got the latest drivers installed and its more the adequete to handle source. I can play Crysis and such absolutly fine.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
Neoxx wrote:
I'm having trouble with what seems like a mass copy/paste issue or just copy/paste in general.

Are you sure that you aren't trying to select blocks when they are grouped together? Try to Un-group them and see if this is the problem.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
naNuke wrote:
hello everyone ... any ideas how to fix this one?

when I try to compile map, I get this msg: "can't decode command 2binhammer_run_map_launcher.exe!"

tried everything like verifying cache and deleting vrad.exe etc files and redownloading etc, even moved all portal 2 + authoring tools onto c: drive into default steam path and still it doesnt work.

I know its still beta and things dont work as they should but people are normaly able to compile maps and stuff.. or no? :D atm I am still compiling through alien swarm

Two things: First of all, switch to the Authoring Tools. It simplifies things incredibly, you don't need to mess around with AS, and it will most likely get rid of this issue.

For the record, though, if you want to know why this error is popping up, I think it's because somewhere there's a filepath that isn't in quotes and should be. The fact that it says "can't decode command 2binhammer_run_map_launcher.exe!" leads me to believe that it's trying to access the path C:Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonportal 2binhammer_run_map_launcher.exe, but the space in "portal 2" is causing it to truncate the path and see everything after the 2 as an argument.

But yeah, like I said, switch to the Authoring Tools if at all possible.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Continuing from my previous post. This is also a common occurance.

http://i55.tinypic.com/rwni4l.png

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

I'm having an issue thats only just recently started happening; Basically i get a consistently jittery framerate when moving the camera in hammer (as in WASD moving, not mouse). If i'm standing still in the viewport i can rotate the camera around at a normal framerate but as soon as i start WASD moving it'll drop to about 2 fps until i stop moving. A friend of mine has had it and apparently it just went away but mine's been going for a while now. Has anyone else had this issue?

Macgta wrote:
I'm having an issue thats only just recently started happening; Basically i get a consistently jittery framerate when moving the camera in hammer (as in WASD moving, not mouse). If i'm standing still in the viewport i can rotate the camera around at a normal framerate but as soon as i start WASD moving it'll drop to about 2 fps until I stop moving. A friend of mine has had it and apparently it just went away but mine's been going for a while now. Has anyone else had this issue?

There's the feature in P2 hammer that makes a ball radius cull marker, I assume this is used to limit how much space you have so your map fits in an Enrichment Sphere, but it's very laggy. to turn it off, look on the top bar of hammer and next to the cordon tools should be a circle with an R in it. Turn that off.

Groxkiller585 wrote:
Macgta wrote:
I'm having an issue thats only just recently started happening; Basically i get a consistently jittery framerate when moving the camera in hammer (as in WASD moving, not mouse). If i'm standing still in the viewport i can rotate the camera around at a normal framerate but as soon as i start WASD moving it'll drop to about 2 fps until I stop moving. A friend of mine has had it and apparently it just went away but mine's been going for a while now. Has anyone else had this issue?

There's the feature in P2 hammer that makes a ball radius cull marker, I assume this is used to limit how much space you have so your map fits in an Enrichment Sphere, but it's very laggy. to turn it off, look on the top bar of hammer and next to the cordon tools should be a circle with an R in it. Turn that off.

Awesome Grox!

Best thing I've learned all day.

PreviousPage 4 of 15Next