Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal: Test Subject #13 (TS13)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Could do, Interesting Idea. I'd have to release them in stages rather than one at a time. and there would be no garentee that everyone would download all the maps if i did that.

plus I'd rather release the whole thing in one go rather than release the first few, get bored and stop making the rest

You prefer to make people wait than give feed back?
JUST ASKING!

Mapster wrote:
You prefer to make people wait than give feed back?
JUST ASKING!

sorry? what?

I think he's just saying if you release everything all at once, you would have no feedback from the community to help polish up your maps. If you were to release them in stages we could 'beta' test the maps as they come out and give feedback on how you could improve them, find bugs, and alternate solutions that you may want to take out.

One way to fix this without releasing your maps would to find 3-4 people that you could share your maps with to beta test them for you. This would allow feedback without totally ruining the surprise of your maps to the entire community. Just a suggestion.

Ahhh, right I understand now.

I had planned on finding a few testers to test like no tomorrow for short periods duing production (early stages, whilst adding detail and once again when everything is almost finished). rather than releasing to everyone one by one.

I've currently got the first 3 maps roughed out, the gameplay is all there and am working on the 4th. when I say roughed out I mean it, there are place holders everywhere and im still using the dev textures. I've only got one room anywhere near completion. - nearly something worth testing

i could help with glitch finding i guess? it seems like a extremely good idea you would just have to do it right :3

Does anyone know how I can make a new model for the player, I heard someone tried swapping it for a TF2 and HL2DM model with no success. and I'd really like a male player for TS13.

Thanks!

PreviousPage 2 of 2