Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal: Test Subject #13 (TS13)

Page 1 of 2Next

Ok, so heres my idea:

I'm going to completely re-make portal.
I will base the storyline on a previous test subject to Chell, who survived their fist 20 tests(the portal ones),has had their memory wiped, and is now coming out of the relaxation vault to do some harder ones.
I'm going to make my own 20(it is actually 20 in portal because lvl 1 is 00) levels, and probably add my own voice and layer some GLaDOS type effects on to it.
I will base all my levels on the official ones but make them more complex and challenging.
I will be attempting this massive feat alone, there may be few areas that I really won't be able to do and may like some help with.

Good idea? Bad idea? Suggestions?
If you vote, please also leave a comment

youme wrote:
Ok, so heres my idea:

I'm going to completely re-make portal.
I will base the storyline on a previous test subject to Chell, who survived their fist 20 tests(the portal ones),has had their memory wiped, and is now coming out of the relaxation vault to do some harder ones.
I'm going to make my own 20(it is actually 20 in portal because lvl 1 is 00) levels, and probably add my own voice and layer some GLaDOS type effects on to it.
I will base all my levels on the official ones but make them more complex and challenging.
I will be attempting this massive feat alone, there may be few areas that I really won't be able to do and may like some help with.

Good idea? Bad idea? Suggestions?

Very good idea.

spyof wrote:
Very good idea.

vote then?

youme wrote:
vote then?

Voted

"Yeah, could be good"

Sounds good idea, just the execution is needed here. :)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

A complete storyline would be awesome, would be very fun to play.

It could be a good idea depending if you are able to make it all better than the missions.
I was thinking on starting my own remake of portal as well, pitty i just can't be bothered making 30 different maps.

I vote yes, however, am skeptical that one person alone is going to remake everything by themselves. 20 maps is going to take months to plan out (for good puzzles at least), and then to finally implement them.

However: If you actually pull this off, it will be amazing. Best of luck!

Some people can spend months on a mod.
It's up to them if they want to spend that much time working on 1 mod by them self.
But some people have patience when people like me want to create something, and then show it to the world before it's even done lol.

well you could always release them on the fly episodically, as soon as a level is done and polished up put it out there, then simply add a trigger at the end of every map to connect it to the next future map, so when its all finished it can run smooth while at the same time your putting out content at a much better pace to keep interest in the project up

Page 1 of 2Next