Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal: Prelude, A Huge Portal Campaign

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next
Bulska wrote:
It suprises me how many people find it hard.
The cake is a rickroll.

I wouldn't call the mod hard, though calling it "painful" wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Most of the time when I play a map/mod, I play through it once like any other game, then a 2nd time with a pad of paper by my side. I take notes on things I like, things that could use work, and things that are outright broken.

I haven't gotten around to my 2nd play though yet because I only have 2 pencils and I know I'm gonna need at least 30 of them to write down all the things that are horribly wrong.

Testchamber 10 (with the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
) helped me to find one of the HUGEST bugs of all in the code for the Least Portals challenge:
Spoiler

BTW, apparently if you change sv_gravity while in Testchamber 10... 1) the storage cube doesn't respond to the field anymore, until you reset gravity to 600, and 2) For every subsequent Least Portals challenge I did after this one, WSCs and console-spawned WCCs (same .mdl file, go figure) float to the ceiling, even if the player's gravity should say otherwise! I even decided to HyperCam this failure of physics, but I haven't put it on YouTube yet. But it IS funny.

The rest of the map was excellent, but the constant typos in the subtitles (especially commentary subtitles) were annoying. And I loved how

Spoiler

Oh, and did anyone get the joke about what the guy says if you destroy a WSC in Testchamber 12? "
Spoiler
" is apparently a Linux-type command... Which is weird, because Windows XP is visible on a computer screen in the reception area of Aperture Labs.

The Vital Apparatus Vent will deliver a Weighted Companion Cake in Three. Two. One.
*fifty cakes fall out*
Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen.

I got the joke. It was the only one that made me laugh.
But yeah /etc is a linux mainfolder, like /home or /media

I am only on the second test chamber and I thought having 4 turrets in the first firing at you was a bit much.

Where you get your first portal gun is a bit annoying.

You have to react very fast and very accurate with portals weird turning when coming wrong out of a portal.

I liked playing it, but it could've been lots better.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.
Bulska wrote:
Where you get your first portal gun is a bit annoying.

You have to react very fast and very accurate with portals weird turning when coming wrong out of a portal.

I liked playing it, but it could've been lots better.

Spoiler

:wink:

:wink:

T-T that's really fast then :P

How u make it 'spoiler' tagged?

Quote:
test

test

[list=]test[/list]

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.
Bulska wrote:
T-T that's really fast then :P

How u make it 'spoiler' tagged?

Code: Select all
[spoiler]test[/spoiler]
Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

mod wars epic

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next