Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Likes/Dislikes

I made this thread to see what everybody thinks of the game, in terms of content, difficulty, mapping, dialogue, etc.

--Likes--

Robotic arm/panel animations

New engine capabilities

Gels (repulsion is my favorite)

No crouch jumping

GLaDOS seems as if she is actually speaking to you instead of it feeling like pre-recorded messages

--Dislikes--

Portal bumping is overused, and is just guiding inexperienced players

Dialogue is very specific to the storyline, and will be hard to incorporate GLaDOS' or Wheatley's lines into custom maps

Lack of Pneumatic Diversity Vents

Lack of crushers in test chambers (see propulsion gel video)

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15

to Dislikes I would add no throwing
and to Likes: dynamic lighting.

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Like: Graphics, Storyline, Acting
Dislikes: Whatever they did to flings to make them weird D:

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West

I love the fact that you can fling through a portal, while carrying a box, and the box doesn't get stuck on the portal and dropped. And the fact that it's easier to go through a portal at high speed without hitting the edge yourself. Those were my biggest complaints from the first game.

Also, no more tunneling and crouch-jumping is very good, in the sense that hopefully all the maps made by this community will rely more on 'clever' than 'insanely difficult'. I loved the fact that so many user levels were made for Portal 1, hated the fact that I could only finish a small handful of them because they relied so heavily on super-precise flings and tunneling tricks that they were more a test of keyboard/mouse dexterity than actually Thinking With Portals. With all the new puzzle elements and more forgiving controls, I'm looking forward to clever look-at-the-puzzle-and-consider-it-carefully mindbenders, not do-everything-with-split-second-timing reflex gauntlets.

<this signature says something else when you're not looking at it>

add there is no model for gel (dynamic 3d liquid generation!)

Dislikes:
remove lack of crushers - there are a few in Co-Op.

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!

Oh yeah, I forgot. For likes, the little tunes that play for everything you do; Propulsion gel, Aeriel faith plates, Excursion funnels, etc.

yohoat9 wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot. For likes, the little tunes that play for everything you do; Propulsion gel, Aeriel faith plates, Excursion funnels, etc.

Specifically, I love the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
elt wrote:
I love the fact that you can fling through a portal, while carrying a box, and the box doesn't get stuck on the portal and dropped. And the fact that it's easier to go through a portal at high speed without hitting the edge yourself. Those were my biggest complaints from the first game.

Also, no more tunneling and crouch-jumping is very good, in the sense that hopefully all the maps made by this community will rely more on 'clever' than 'insanely difficult'. I loved the fact that so many user levels were made for Portal 1, hated the fact that I could only finish a small handful of them because they relied so heavily on super-precise flings and tunneling tricks that they were more a test of keyboard/mouse dexterity than actually Thinking With Portals. With all the new puzzle elements and more forgiving controls, I'm looking forward to clever look-at-the-puzzle-and-consider-it-carefully mindbenders, not do-everything-with-split-second-timing reflex gauntlets.

Basically agree with this entirely.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Oh, one last thing, I love how realistically the glass looks when it breaks.