Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 DLC #1 to be Free

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

OMG OMG OMG :D

Great news! I was really dissapointed Valve was not at E3 this year :( But i read in this article that Valve will be attending Gamescom mid august and there is good reason to assume thats where they will announce the release of the free dlc for some great PR and extra media coverage.

Also fingers crossed for Half Life 3 offcourse... but maybe that's just nothing more then a wet-dream :(

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.
KenJeKenny!? wrote:
OMG OMG OMG :D

Great news! I was really dissapointed Valve was not at E3 this year :( But i read in this article that Valve will be attending Gamescom mid august and there is good reason to assume thats where they will announce the release of the free dlc for some great PR and extra media coverage.

Also fingers crossed for Half Life 3 offcourse... but maybe that's just nothing more then a wet-dream :(

Hm, dunno how you but I cant wait for so long :D ... But in my case, I am going to Gamescom so it would be really awesome if they would release it there, but its almost a month ! :D ....And I read on Portal 2 forums on Steam, that they are releasing it sometime really soon(post from 21st July), so I have my hopes. Anyway, better later and better, then sooner and worse ;)

yohoat9 wrote:
Who wants Pneumatic Diversity Vents as much as I do?

i was very mad that they got rid of them, and i think that it was a great idea

why make a signature when i could just put this?
Left4calvin wrote:

They tried them. They found they weren't very fun. They got rid of them.

If you're so mad, just make a map using them and prove us wrong about how fun they can be. So far, I've yet to see one.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

They were visual gimmicks, not gameplay elements. I seriously don't know why people latch onto them so hard.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
They were visual gimmicks, not gameplay elements. I seriously don't know why people latch onto them so hard.

Only because they were taken away. People, who feel like they are missing out on something, want that something even more.

Sorta falls into a similar situation as "You never know what you got until it's gone." but like pre-that.

ALSO: While i'm in here. WHERE THE HELL IS THE DLC??? >:[

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
ALSO: While i'm in here. WHERE THE HELL IS THE DLC??? >:[

I would also like to no. Although it is Valve, that train is ALWAYS late.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
...Valve, that train is ALWAYS late.

yeah. "summer" is almost over for most people. :-/

do NOT click this

It's still a long time till GamesCon (17th of august) :( Any kind of news/updates by Valve on the DLC status would be really appreciated... i feel like a kid waiting for his birthday party :P

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.
Hober wrote:
Left4calvin wrote:

They tried them. They found they weren't very fun. They got rid of them.

If you're so mad, just make a map using them and prove us wrong about how fun they can be. So far, I've yet to see one.

i am.

why make a signature when i could just put this?
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next