Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Departure Mappack

Page 1 of 2Next

DEPARTURE MAPPACK
What is the Departure Mappack you ask? It's a large mappack with a custom story, and possibly fresh, new characters!
As of right now, we only have trailers for you.
Here's a few of them. Finale Update; Boss Update. I'll probably release a demo of the pack this weekend.
Enjoy.
Finale Update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6I1UJ7oSVw
Boss Update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVHO1wtr-Tk
Estimated release date is..
Next month? Maybe?

I love the way you recreated Glados voice. I saw quite a few tutorials on how to make one, but they were not as good as yours.

How did you achieve it? Or were these back in the original game, cause I don't remember them (I mean those from the intro video).

The truth is written all over our faces.

Good God man this is amazing!

If you need a voice actor for any of your characters, i'll gladly offer myself up. I've done it before in a machinima called PreGame Lobby back in 2008 but not in a mod.

This shouldn't really be called a map pack, you should wait until true Portal 2 mod support appears and then release it in that form. In that time you could also spruce it up, add co-op maps, whatever.

Hanzik wrote:
I love the way you recreated Glados voice. I saw quite a few tutorials on how to make one, but they were not as good as yours.

How did you achieve it? Or were these back in the original game, cause I don't remember them (I mean those from the intro video).

He used unused voice files from Portal 2, there are quite a few of them.

Looks awesome! Be sure you upload this to our Download Database when it's finished.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
The Irate Pirate wrote:
-snip-

It probably will turn into a mod soon, yeah.
Anyway, yes, I do need a voice actor for one of the custom cores I'm making. I could really use help with that.

Also, does anybody know how to make Face Poser import .wav files directly? I can't write a soundscript for P2 yet.

LilRobot wrote:
turn into a mod

So it will never be released. Got it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
LilRobot wrote:
turn into a mod

So it will never be released. Got it.

Well, I *plan* on it, doesn't mean it will happen. If things don't work out, I'll just release the .bsp and the needed .vcd files.

Looks extremely cool, but are those leftovers in the audio files or you actually replicated Glados' voice?

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

PM or email me at some point.

I released a demo of the mappack. Includes one chamber. Enjoy.
Departure Mappack Demo

Page 1 of 2Next