Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Box Art

Page 1 of 6Next

The box art for Portal 2 for the UK release of the game has been sent out by the publishers. Here it is:

(Click for larger)

Thoughts? Love it, hate it? Let us know!

PS - Mapping contest judgment will be posted up shortly!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Pretty sick. But the OS labels are way to big.

I honestly thought it was a photochop at first, I didn't realize they used the old style Mac logo on games. I'm also surprised they have the coop bots on the cover, but I read the publisher wants to play up the coop aspect.

It's the UK box art though so I couldn't care less what it looks like tbh.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

As long as it isn't the US box art, I'm okay with it. It doesn't look horrible, just not what I would expect from a valve game. I hope they improve it for the US release.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

Really who buys boxed games anymore. Steam and digital distribution in general are amazing.

We were debating this image a while back at mAL, we all thought it was fake at first. Quite honestly, I very much dislike it. A few issues: First, yes, the labels at the bottom are far too large. And it still hurts inside to see a Mac icon on VALVe games. Second, there's actually a z-issue with the blue portal. I'ts overlapping one of the dark support-things. Third, you'd obviously see things through the portals. Duh. Way to confuse people who are playing the game for the first time, VALVe. And finally, the bots look less realistic than in the gameplay videos. The blue bot looks shopped in on top of the tube, and the orange bot looks awkward.

Here's hoping we Americans get better art. And--

msleeper wrote:
Really who buys boxed games anymore. Steam and digital distribution in general are amazing.

Hey! I still have my boxed copy of Portal. Of course, I didn't have Steam yet, but still. I will treasure that flimsy plastic case for as long as I live.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
WinstonSmith wrote:
And it still hurts inside to see a Mac icon on VALVe games.

We need a :fanboy: emote.

msleeper wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
And it still hurts inside to see a Mac icon on VALVe games.

We need a :fanboy: emote.

Point taken and cheerfully accepted. I couldn't care less, it's more of a general hatred for Apple (with an exception to the iOS line).

Now with 100% more inline comments!

If you don't like their products then don't use them, that's all that's really necessary tbh.

I like it a lot. I like anything valve makes.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.
Page 1 of 6Next