Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PlayStation 3 v.s Xbox 360 Debate

Page 1 of 2Next

I would love to have a debate to see what you guys think is the best system. Excluding the PC because of course it just kicks the ass of both the consoles combined. Which do you think is the best console: Playstation 3 or Xbox 360? Mine by far is the Xbox 360. Let see if you can tell me otherwise. Let the debate begin...

EDIT: I say exclude PC because it is not a console. I already said that PC was much better than everything else, but I am just seeing whether or not people like the PS3 as their favorite console or the Xbox 360. It may not be the best debate topic to have, but it was the only one I could think of to past my boring time.

EDIT 2: I think I am losing sight of the debate. lol Should have just made a topic called, "Fuck Consoles". But yeah Kaleido, I would have to agree with you 100%. The only thing that got me going when I had my PS3 was when Infamous came out. That was an amazing game. It seems that the only thing that a PS3 users uses to fight one of these debates is that their online experience is free. Shitty, but free. But I am sure the way that PlayStation is doing things, they will make the PlayStation 4 charge users for the online experience. "Just a hunch"

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
[spoiler]The Story of The Untold Truth
Chapter 1: The Escape
Chapter 2: The Question[/spoiler]
Maps Made:

[spoiler]"TheOldVersion" Chapter 1: The Escape Over 1000 Downloads!
"TheOldVersion" Chapter 2: The Catacombs Over 500 Downloads![/spoiler]

Sounds like a fun debate. NOT!

12 Angry Tests
"I hear voices. But I ignore them and I just carry on killing."

Excluding the PC, put PS3 and X360 against each other? I'll go for PC :p

I have both. I love both.

Ps3 exclusives are way better than 360... (God of War, Heavy Rain, Uncharted O_O )

and PSN being free is really nice.

but the PS3 controller kinda sucks (except the analog stick and D-pad which feel 100x nicer than 360, just the shape sucks for big hands)

Multiplayer gaming is way better on 360, especially shooters. more players, better players, less lag.

So in conclusion, PC FTW :lol:

PC :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

No custom maps without PC :thumbdown:

X360 and ps3?
Both great consoles and you know you can play all the games for the device. That's a slight advantage for consoles.

But yea, PC :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Well, PS3 is cool, but I don't trust Sony as much anymore due to the hacking incident. Xbox 360 is alright but it doesn't have any memory card slot to save data when the hard-drive is full. I suppose I would go with PS3 as long as I don't do anything online.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

I always see consoles are poor man pc's. They can do everything a PC can do but to a lesser extent. Its like a car that can only do left hand turns.

Imagine a world where consoles never existed and the home pc was the big gaming rush in the 80's. All the console exclusives (which were actually made with a computer) would be available on a computer.

But if I had to choose... PS3, cant beat uncharted and free online.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

Neither, it is in fact the secret answer C; the PS2.

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West
MasterLagger wrote:
Well, PS3 is cool, but I don't trust Sony as much anymore due to the hacking incident. Xbox 360 is alright but it doesn't have any memory card slot to save data when the hard-drive is full. I suppose I would go with PS3 as long as I don't do anything online.

Actually they have 2 memory card slots. Along with that, they have 2 USB adapters, like everything else, where you can actually format your flash drive and use it as another storage device. So you can actually have 5 storage devices, including the actual hard drive, on the Xbox 360. Xbox 360 in my opinion is the best console. I overlook the fact that you have to pay because I never have to give up my Thursday every week for a system update, which takes about a good 5-10 minuites on the PS3. Yeah, the occasional exclusive PS3 games are a plus, but those come and go. PS3 servers suck. Im not saying Xbox 360's don't either, but the online experience is much better than a PS3.

EDIT 2: Now that I mention it, there is a 6th storage holder on the Xbox 360 now that it has Cloud.

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
[spoiler]The Story of The Untold Truth
Chapter 1: The Escape
Chapter 2: The Question[/spoiler]
Maps Made:

[spoiler]"TheOldVersion" Chapter 1: The Escape Over 1000 Downloads!
"TheOldVersion" Chapter 2: The Catacombs Over 500 Downloads![/spoiler]

EDIT: I say exclude PC because it is not a console.

let's grab some dictionaries:

con?sole 2:
"The portion of a computer or peripheral that houses the apparatus used to operate the machine manually and provides a means of communication between the computer operator and the central processing unit, often in the form of a keyboard."

xbox and ps3 aren't consoles either :lol:
I vote for keyboard+mouse? :D

4. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) an electronic device used in playing computer games on the screen of a television to which it is connected
My laptop is connected to a tv! So I vote laptop :lol:

2. console - a scientific instrument consisting of displays and an input device that an operator can use to monitor and control a system (especially a computer system)
Scientific instrument: laptop; it has a screen, mouse, keyboard and I can control this device :O

Enough trolled, still don't know which one I prefer ;)

Page 1 of 2Next