Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PeTI crashes Portal 2

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hi everyone.

I'm posting here because i've got a kind of similar problem with the puzzle editor. I published a map on the workshop and i tried to change the picture by following this thread on your forums until last step :

http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/puzzle-creator/how-to-have-your-picture-as-workshop-thumbnail-for-your-map-t9361.html

After I finished the republishing of the map, I relaunched Steam and Portal 2.

The problem is when I try to launch the solo maps, Portal 2 crashes. I can view the coop map menu (which is empty btw) but I can't enter the solo map or the puzzlemaker without crashing the game.

I tried many things such as restoring the original pictures from the map (untitled.jpg and the numberline one), deleting my only 2 maps from the Workshop, deleting the "puzzle" folder... I also deleted and reinstalled the game from Steam. Still can't enter the solo map menu or the puzzlemaker menu.

Anyone has an idea ? I don't care losing my maps, just would like to create new ones.

Edit : and I did verify the cache

I'm the author of that guide for changing a workshop thumbnail and I don't think it caused your problem. Though, if I proved to be wrong I'm sorry.

Did you check if your multicore rendering was enabled? See the post right above yours. Enable it and restart the game.

God bless the quick save's inventor...(Portal: Prelude)

Hi greykarel ! Thanks for your answer. I may have done something wrong following your post or it may be a problem with Steam, but anyway i get the game back by re-installing it completely.

PreviousPage 2 of 2