You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

One question: will this f**k up the Authoring Tools or Portal2 like the DLC did?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I'm so happy about how my work schedule worked out this week. I have tomorrow and Thursday off. WIN!

madcat1030 wrote:
I'm so happy about how my work schedule worked out this week. I have tomorrow and Thursday off. WIN!

I'm just working til lunch time tomorrow, then have Thursday off. n_n

josepezdj wrote:
One question: will this f**k up the Authoring Tools or Portal2 like the DLC did?

I don't know. There is a new vbsp which fixes some of the instancing outputs, but other than that I do not know because we had a separate programs, so we had to copy stuff if we wanted to work in hammer.

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
Motanum wrote:
I don't know. There is a new vbsp which fixes some of the instancing outputs, but other than that I do not know because we had a separate programs, so we had to copy stuff if we wanted to work in hammer.

Thanks Motanum. So then, will the Authoring Tools be updated at the same time Valve releases this new tool? or will it only be the vbsp program updated?

Ofc, I think I won't use the new tool and I'll stay in hammer, and my worry is if Valve also did spend some time improving the Authoring Toos or they only focussed in the new tool...

EDIT: Hey guys, I've just stepped by TopHattWaffle's site (http://www.tophattwaffle.com/) and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BSqmt9fVfr4#!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
Motanum wrote:
I don't know. There is a new vbsp which fixes some of the instancing outputs, but other than that I do not know because we had a separate programs, so we had to copy stuff if we wanted to work in hammer.

Thanks Motanum. So then, will the Authoring Tools be updated at the same time Valve releases this new tool? or will it only be the vbsp program updated?

Ofc, I think I won't use the new tool and I'll stay in hammer, and my worry is if Valve also did spend some time improving the Authoring Toos or they only focussed in the new tool...

EDIT: Hey guys, I've just stepped by TopHattWaffle's site (http://www.tophattwaffle.com/) and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BSqmt9fVfr4#!

I do not know.

And that video is old news...

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Its out.Restart steam

Cyberwurx Web Hosting
andyb wrote:
Its out.Restart steam

Thanks for the heads up bro.

Well The portal 2 authoring tools have issues now... When you start hammer it force closes. Not exactly conducive to productivity. Anyway if anyone figures it out or isn't having the problem at all speak up.

Great. Having the same problem. Hammer closes when opened. Does VALVE think, we don't simply need the editor any more?

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information
Image