Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

PreviousPage 10 of 15Next
HMW wrote:
I have ideas floating around in my head just waiting to be used to hack the editor. :lol:

Didn't I offer you a beta invite back in january?

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Another question for beta testers:
With the moving panels, can you use a button or something to tell it to move a certain number of degrees? Or does it just stay put at the position you appointed it in the editor?

portal2companioncube wrote:
Another question for beta testers:
With the moving panels, can you use a button or something to tell it to move a certain number of degrees? Or does it just stay put at the position you appointed it in the editor?

30 45 60 90 angles.
specify it and it can only go to one angle and one only, so you cant make the button make it 90 and another 60.

Hopefully this will be my last question for all you beta testers. Does Valve plan on adding the crushers (a.k.a "mashy spike plates") to the editor? Because those are a real pain to set up. I know they are not in there at all at the moment, I was just hoping valve was considering adding them to the mix of elements.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
Hopefully this will be my last question for all you beta testers. Does Valve plan on adding the crushers (a.k.a "mashy spike plates") to the editor? Because those are a real pain to set up. I know they are not in there at all at the moment, I was just hoping valve was considering adding them to the mix of elements.

No, sorry, they need invisible triggers to activate, which is not placeable.

spongylover123 wrote:
No, sorry, they need invisible triggers to activate, which is not placeable.

Oh I see, thanks for the response anyway.

EDIT: Just one more day now! :D

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

I'm just happy about having a few new models and a streamlined distribution system. I don't care for the huge amount of redundancies that the new editor had to have to be ready for so many possibilities and I am not a fan of the 64 unit grid system. However it is good for visualization and that's what hammer is for anyway.

It would be awesome if you could work on a map with your friend(s).

JakeeeD wrote:
It would be awesome if you could work on a map with your friend(s).

Not at the same time. You could always share the raw puzzle file though.

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
Motanum wrote:
HMW wrote:
I have ideas floating around in my head just waiting to be used to hack the editor. :lol:

Didn't I offer you a beta invite back in january?

You asked for my email address at one point. I haven't heard from anyone since. Did I miss an email?
(When the Steam forum thread opened I forgot to sign up on account of being too preoccupied with other stuff.)

It's no big deal though, I can wait one more day :thumbup:

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
PreviousPage 10 of 15Next