Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Paris Hilton confirmed as voice for Portal 2

Page 1 of 2Next

Some strange news in the inbox from Valve today, see for yourself:

PARIS HILTON TO VOICE PORTAL 2

Quote:
April 1st, 2008 - Valve, creators of Half-Life 2 and The Orange Box, today announce the newly confirmed voice actor for the role of the new AI in Portal 2, Paris Hilton.

"We've been casting the new role since before The Orange Box was released" said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve. "We're just really pleased that we've managed to find such a high-profile and talented actress to bring our latest character to life"

Kim Swift, lead developer on Portal added: "We know that gamers may find this an unusual choice but we're really pleased with the results so far. Paris has done a couple of sessions in the studio and it has surpassed our expectations, we know that Portal fans will love it."

A representative for Paris added "Paris is really pleased to be involved in such a different acting role, and she absolutely loves video games. Fans will love it."

Wow, now this is sad Valve.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

Yeah well, april fool's I guess.

I also heard that Batman is retiring from a life of crime fighting to take up a career as an actor in off-Broadway musicals.

Quote:
"Kim Swift, lead developer on Portal added: "We know that gamers may find this an unusual choice but we're really pleased with the results so far. Paris has done a couple of sessions in the studio and it has surpassed our expectations, we know that Portal fans will love it."

Or this is an April Fool's joke, or Kim Swift is not half as intelligent as I expected her to be. How can she say this? Sniff... She betrayed me... :cry:

"Duct Tape is the answer."

I'm surprised it took this long for this to be posted here. I first saw it posted over 17 hours before it got here, and it's still completly unbelievable and impossible to fall for. Everyone knows the new AI voice is going to be Dame Edna Everage.

gepy wrote:"The companion toilet cannot speak, however it can take your crap."Journey - no idea on length = don't know the % done

This is quite obviously an april fool, and its quite late, suposed to be before midday...

Reason this is such a poor one:
Firstly, we all know that they have only confirmed they want to do another portal game. They haven't even decided where to set it so how could they posibly have decided on a voice actor.
Secondly, picking somone less mindnubmingly retarded might have been a more convincing option

Too obvious, and the joke's broke.

Case in point: Hober playing 25 hours of Barbie Dressing Room?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
Too obvious, and the joke's broke.

Case in point: Hober playing 25 hours of Barbie Dressing Room?

Sounds very likely.

Duffedwaffe wrote:
Sounds very likely.

VVEERRYY likely.

and even if it was her. if she did a good job. i couldn't care. who gives a crap. but i'd rather them find a nobody who does a good job. than use someone "famous." who cares? its just a voice. and i don't see them doing it for that reason. they would rather use a good sounding nobody, and focus on gameplay. and btw. i've been asked to do the voice of gordan freeman in HL3. i am a good nobody.

do NOT click this

Moved to proper forum.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Page 1 of 2Next