Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Opinions Of The New Level Maker

PreviousPage 5 of 5

After practicing a bit with the level editor, i feel the lack of OR functions.

I was thinking to a chamber with a wall with alternated panels changing from portable to non-portable (like inverting a chessboard) after the pression of a button. I've found a way but it's quite complicated and requires a hidden room with lasers etc.

However, i created my maps in a few minutes (plus hours of testing and refining :P ) while with the hammer I can't even create a floor...

You can do OR gates now, if you're not afraid of a little hacking :)

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

See.... you could make all these really complicated in-editor logic gates using lasers and cubes and funnels in a big side-room... OR you could just make them easily in Hammer. Your choice :)

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

When I first strated mapping for TF2, learning to use Hammer was fun for me. I was very happy after compiling my first room with a light.:D I takes time to learn, but it's worth it.

This level editor is easy to use for sure, but you have very little freedom. You can't add details, this clear chambers look a bit boring.

The good side is that there are some new instances, and it's great to try out some ideas quickly (and later implement them in Hammer)

Workshop
First Transcendental Building Course: 02 03 (WIP)
(01 needs some rethinking, playable though)
Vordwann wrote:
See.... you could make all these really complicated in-editor logic gates using lasers and cubes and funnels in a big side-room... OR you could just make them easily in Hammer. Your choice :)

My choice would always be Hammer, for a whole bunch of other reasons. I just made these for fun to see if it can be done :) (Not talking about the side-room funnel things ofc)

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
PreviousPage 5 of 5