Please or Register to create posts and topics.

One in the Chamber

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Overall, I :thumbup: the map. The look is good and consistent, with adequate lighting (my pet peeve with most user maps). The puzzle is easy enough, even if the skill required to execute it is near my limitations.

I love flings, but not so much those that require firing new portals at small targets while flying. Not all of us have the reflexes of a 13-year old.

The moving walls were a nice, original (for me) touch, too.

The fan seems out of place; superfluous. Or at least, much too large for ventilation purposes. I wouldn't change it, but I never would have put something so useless there in the first place (I hate extra work!)

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

The elevator didn't move to even play the map.

KingOfHeart wrote:
The elevator didn't move to even play the map.

When that happens, type reload in the console. If it doesn't work after multiple attempts, reboot the game.

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

The design, lighting and procession through the chamber was good. I did, however, find the dust/particle clouds a bit much after a while, almost to the point of, well, like a fly that's hanging around one's picnic. No matter where in the park you go the fly stays right there with ya. And once your food is all cooked and you're enjoying it, one of the fly's friends lands on your barbecued chicken. But, since I was determined to solve the puzzle elements, and the weather was so nice, I finished the chamber.
You do have a nack for making a good puzzle though. Keep them rolling off the press...
Eastward

I liked the beginning but didn't like the ending, which should be less tedious and actually involve a puzzle. Good map otherwise. :thumbup:

One In The Chamber

t31fAQOfJC4

I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

kbmRxctQYnE
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbmRxctQYnE)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.

I made a video walkthrough for this Portal 2 Custom Map:
mJqH3JYfD8k

Ratboy wrote:
Its been said before, but the ambiance was impeccable. It was also refreshing to see a different take on how to reveal new portal-able surfaces (walls sliding back). I found a glitch however, the portal surface behind the blue gel button did not fizzle the portal when the wall slid back, and I was able to portal up there without the cube, it was weird because I was able to walk right through the sliding panel that was in front of the portal. After this, it fizzled properly, so I don't know what the problem was at first. Great job!

Pretty much this. Keep up the good work!

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Sorry for necrofying this thread but I just wanted to point that I'll be reuploading an improved version of this map to the Workshop within the next few days.

Thanks for the video's it shows me issues I wasn't aware of as well as possible ways to make the final puzzle more obvious.

Thanks again.

Nice selection for community spotlight. Very nice. Don't know how I missed this one way back in 2011....Great map....

PreviousPage 3 of 3