Please or Register to create posts and topics.

November Map Pack Ready For Consumption

Page 1 of 2Next

Featuring the four contestants from the October Mapping Contest, the pack has got a ton of gameplay in store for you. If you're looking to play some custom content and want it all together, here's the best place to start.

Get the goods here.

Any problems can be reported in the comments here, or PMed directly to me. Good luck, and have fun!

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I am still not getting any voice in Accident Prone, which is a shame since it adds a lot to the map :(

I downloaded the new pack and everything works fine. No "node graph" error on Accident Prone, and I'm getting the voice now.

One weird thing: the file downloaded with a random filename full of hex numbers, like e902f39a2b3628c.zip. Unzipped fine though. (I'm using Firefox btw.)

Cr00ked.

Actually it is MD5, and that's because the Download Database hates me and I had to hack it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Paul, you make me happy. Is anyone else having Rivid's problem, or is it isolated?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

There are no install instructions that I could find.

The voice worked fine in "Accident Prone" for me.

There was, however, a missing texture near the beginning of "The Fall".

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Otherwise everything seems to work fine.

Adair wrote:
There are no install instructions that I could find.

Uhh, guilty as charged. I would have sworn I had written instructions on the file's page, but I guess not. Oh well, that's fixed now. Good call.

Nice, I'll start downloading these maps ASAP.

Any other contests to be held in the near future? I'm making map too, 3 maps following each other actually, well, that's the idea, I'm working on map 1 and map 2. I started with map 2, but now I made a map before it, not giving the player the portal gun immediatly.

Anyhow, I really hope another mapping contest comes around soon. I got loads of time to spend on it.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.

Check out the Maps and Mapping forum, we are holding a contest right now.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ooh nice, oh and where can I vote for this map pack, or this one already done?

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.
Page 1 of 2Next