Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Need a few people to test the map pack for me

Page 1 of 2Next

Link to the zipped download.

Extract it into the portal folder and everything should go into its proper sub directory.

I need feedback on two things, specifically, as well as any errors you encounter:

*Whether Shmitz's map has the proper voice-overs (from GLaDOS). It was only working erratically on my computer, but I think that may be a local problem.
    *Whether you get "Node graph out of date ... Rebuilding" messages when you load any of the maps. I tried to include those in the zip, but I'm not sure if Portal will treat them as legit for some bizzare reason.

Thanks.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

No sound, reloads out of date node graphs. :|

I tried them all out. I got a "Node graph out of date" and no GLaDOS sounds on Accident Prone. All the other maps worked fine, including the sounds in Deep Within Aperture.

BTW, what does "Node graph out of date" mean? I see it a lot, but it never seems to prevent a map from loading.

Cr00ked.
Crooked Paul wrote:
BTW, what does "Node graph out of date" mean? I see it a lot, but it never seems to prevent a map from loading.

In a nutshell, it has to do with AI pathfinding.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
In a nutshell, it has to do with AI pathfinding.

which logically means it shouldnt apply for portal as none of the npc's can actually move but for some reason it does

Right, but it is still Source. There's more to it than just pathfinding.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Well, either way, it's darn unsightly.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

The reason the voices don't work is because in the bsp, the path of the level sounds text file is defined as /maps, while the bsp itself is in /maps/TWPNov07. Unfortunately, the game needs to recognize them as being in the same directory for it to work.

and Node Graphs out of date can be fixed by just running the map once.
then from there, being sure to include in the zip file the maps/graph/mapname.ain file.

^^

Shmitz wrote:
the path of the level sounds text file is defined as /maps, while the bsp itself is in /maps/TWPNov07.

Can you recompile the map with the new folder name, or would it be easier for me to try and decompile it and change it myself?

Yekyaa wrote:
and Node Graphs out of date can be fixed by just running the map once.
then from there, being sure to include in the zip file the maps/graph/mapname.ain file.

^^

I know, and that's why there are four .ain files in the maps/graphs/TWPNov07 folder (which is where the engine put them automatically since the maps were being run from the TWPNov07 folder, I had no hand in that). But, as I suspected, it seems that Nodegraphs built on my computer are not good on everyone's. Hmm.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Page 1 of 2Next