Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Multiple I/O Switch

Hey, I've looked around on the internet (admittedly somewhat quickly) and cant find anything that directly talks about solutions to multiple inputs for one output. I think this is self explanitory. I want a door to open up when both a switch and a combine ball receiver are activated.

I have a trigger_multiple placed that has a toggle on each input, but that doesn't seem to really be doing anything. The output has results to open the door, no prob. Any ideas?

If you use two logic_branch, one for the button and one for the Orb Catcher. Then use a logic_compare to open the door when both values are 1.

I think that's how you do it.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

Thank you.
Arg, it's still not quite working, though.

Okay, i've set up the logic branches
Logic Branch 1
keyvalues:
name: door2_combineball_logic
init value: 0

outputs:
Output: Ontrue
Target Entity: Door2_open
Target Input: SetValue
Parameter Override: 1

inputs:
Source: Door2_combine_ball
Output: OnStartTouch
My Input: SetValue

Logic Branch 2
keyvalues:
name: door2_button_logic
init value: 0

outputs:
Output: OnFalse
Parameter Override: 0

Output: OnTrue

inputs:
Source: Trigger_door2
Output: OnStartTouch

Source: Trigger_door2
Output: OnEndTouchAll
Parameter Override: 0

Then the logic compare just says when it hits 2, then run the door stuff.

Have you tried the onEqual, onUnequal etc... outputs? I'm not too familiar with this entity myself, and only posted it as a possible solution.

Wait, if I were to do this, I'd start the button disabled, and just have the Orb Catcher enable it so that it could function, and thereby open the door.

Hope it's understandable.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

Try messing with the values some more, and if all else fails, try Espen's other idea. You won't get anywhere if you come back here and ask questions at the first sign of trouble. Experiment.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.