Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mapping competition, 6 days left!

Page 1 of 4Next

Competition, 6 days left!

That's right folks, you have 6 days to finish your map and submit it to the contest section for this years competition. If you are interested in seeing what people are working on: see the Contest WIP page. For now here is some screenshots of work in progress:

Remember to relook over the rules before you submit your map.

New Staff

Congratulations to UsCobra11 and HMW on becoming staff!
UsCobra agreed to take control of all the media side of TWP and we just thought HMW deserved to be one seeing as people on the forum actually thought he was.

LpFreaky90 wrote:
... and we just thought HMW deserved to be one seeing as people on the forum actually thought he was.

Indeed! he completely deserves that honour from all points of view!!! (apart from what ppl think or don't)... I sincerely think he's the best mapper in the world (hmmm... more correctly: a source engine expert, apart from other engines, and computing, and scripting... and... "don't the hell know what more!!"... :D), and not just that, he spreads his knowledge here (and there...) helping a damn lot to everyone, and even trying to adjust his knowledge and his words to make himself understood by any person he's speaking to (which is a gift).

My most sincere congratulations HMW! :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I thought I saw both of them hit green at some point a while ago, thought I might have missed something. But here it is, so congratulations, both of you! :thumbup:

About the pictures, though, you missed a couple pretty nice shots. But okay. Clearly, though, that second to last is so beautifull, it's totally going to win! :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

Thanks for the congratulations! Can't wait to start judging those maps, some look amazing!

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal
Lpfreaky90 wrote:
we just thought HMW deserved to be one seeing as people on the forum actually thought he was.

I heartily approve of this, unless HMW's new duties start eating into his mapping time, in which case I heartily disapprove. Heartily.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------
El Farmerino wrote:
I heartily approve of this, unless HMW's new duties start eating into his mapping time, in which case I heartily disapprove. Heartily.

You're all heart, mate! :D

@USCobra11: Congratulations man. Sorry I didn't mentioned anything because I focussed in HMW due to my passion for his work, but even though I don't know you much, I must admit that the latest review of maps was absolutely brilliant :notworthy: , and I expect to have more and more coming from you in next roundups! :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
El Farmerino wrote:

No worries, I will heartily make sure that doesn't happen ;)

And congratulations to @USCobra11 as well!

josepezdj wrote:
A whole lot of nice stuff

Just want to emphasise again that you make awesome stuff too! I hope that Enceladus is not delayed too much by the contest :)

BTW those screenshots look awesome. There will be some great material coming out of this contest, I'm sure.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

First of all, congratulations to HMV and USCobra11!
And then... why do these maps look so incredibly awesome? *.*
Can't my game just work normally, so I can play these great maps?!

I haven't even started mapping until today. 8)

Also, congrats cobra and HMW! I wish you good luck with your adminship, and also the judging of my map. :lol:

Wow, congrats HMW and UsCobra11!

One of those screenshots has me totally insecure now. :shock:

Picture that. In your dreams.
Maps:
SP MonoPortal | Lesson 0
WIP: LaserLock Preview Images
Page 1 of 4Next