Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Making GlaDos Cave Johnson speak - isssues

Hi everyone, i have just registered to this site because i found an annoying problem that i cannot resolve. For instance i cannot preview sounds during the creation of logic_choreographed_scene and i do not hear them in game ( probably because off that ). For the creation of speeches i used a couple of different tutorials, but none worked probably because of that. Anyway i could really use some help here. :notworthy:

Hi Nexif.

I had some similar probles with sound, i had to search the web for the sounds as it seems that the speach for the charecters did not work.
Once you have found the sounds you want, you should create a /custom/ dir in your /sound dir, then place the sounds you want there.
Use a media player like VLC to preview them and make a note of their names.
when in game use the sound browser and set your 'Sound Type to RAW then in the filter type customFILENAME.
They should now work in game, if not and this has happened to me also, you will need to use pakrat to add the extra sound files to the .bsp after compiling and before playing.

I hope this helps!

If you could post links to the sound files i would be eternally grateful

They are on demonoid, if you want to download them

Registrations are close, and i cannot join in :.... cant you just post links here ?

Also, i have a valve pack file with scenes but they are unplayable VCD format....dunno what to do with em

Nexif wrote:
Registrations are close, and i cannot join in :.... cant you just post links here ?

I will have to zip it up and upload it, could take a while, watch this space.

Nexif wrote:
Also, i have a valve pack file with scenes but they are unplayable VCD format....dunno what to do with em

Don't know about this, sorry.

Could you post your way of voice creation btw ?

Do not discuss or distribute copyrighted material. Period That includes audio files from the game.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

If you're able to open the file "pak01_dir.vpk", go to the "vo" folder in "sound" and extract the contents somewhere on your computer (e.g. Documents). These folders contain .wav versions of the voice lines from the game.