Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for a Level Designer: URGENT

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

I would love to be a part of this, I only have 1 1/2 - 2 years of mapping experience, but I can definitely create a quality map if needed.

Email address - gochasboy@yahoo.com

Please contact me when you can!

Portal 1.5 http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-15

ok i've seen your email LovelyNeurotoxin, and i can verify for other forum readers both that it is "legit" and has all the reasons in the world to be kept secret until it's release, it will be awesome though!

count me in!

Portal 2 Marriage Proposal project: Linking Annex
Spotlighted and over 9000 downloads!!! SP_Angrybombs

Here's my youtube & deviantart
MissStabby wrote:
ok i've seen your email LovelyNeurotoxin, and i can verify for other forum readers both that it is "legit" and has all the reasons in the world to be kept secret until it's release, it will be awesome though!

Ooooh, I can hardly wait to learn more about what this is! I have to admit it had a distinct whiff of troll or rickroll when I first read it yesterday. Something about the OP's post just felt a bit *too* earnest. Who is that nice on the intertubes?

Anyway, if you are involved, MissStabby, this truly will be awesome. I know the request is for two simple puzzles, but that doesn't mean they can't be GOOOOOD!

Good luck! Looking forward to all being revealed. This is almost as much fun as a Valve ARG!

P.S. That was my other thought upon first reading this thread. I thought it might be the first curl of smoke in a new ARG related to Portal 2 DLC or something else Portal-esque. A couple of the photos of crustaceans in the OP's photobucket folder (where the Erik W screenshot is) sure reminded me of Frankencubes. :-)

beatdarwin wrote:
Something about the OP's post just felt a bit *too* earnest. Who is that nice on the intertubes?

This made me smile a lot. There's worse things to be, I suppose!

EDIT: Don't go wasting your time analysing those images in photoshop for ARG clues, they're just old photo's of some Hermit Crabs that I used to own! :P

The project is proceeding nicely,
Though i can tell that this map isn't suited for all players, it's kinda quirky, you either love it or not.
Still the map will be awesome i promise

This project sounds really exciting. While I'd love to get in on this, there have already been applicants (like MissStabby) who I'd consider more qualified than myself.

If I may ask on question, to either the modders or lovely, how would you go about adding the dialogue to the game? Would it be handled by an ambient generic, or is there a way of adding custom scenes to actors?

morrock wrote:
Would it be handled by an ambient generic, or is there a way of adding custom scenes to actors?

for the angrybombs map i only used "Abmbient_generic" sounds.
And for the timing with the onscreen sphere i used a relay that fired the sound at 0.00
and then fired all kinds of different animations at later times, depending on the dialog.

The times of when the animations had to fire were obtained by opening the extracted wav files in audacity and just selecting parts and watching what the timer displayed.

Well, as nice as the dialogue inAngryBombs was, using Ambient generics means that you don't get subtitles, and considering that people probably aren't going to want to kiss out on all-new GLaDOS dialogue, this could be a problem, i.e., for the people with no speakers, or the deaf, et cetera... I know they're a minority, but you might want to take that into consideration, perhaps if you finish before the twenty-first.

ImageImageImageImage

I had custom subtitles in Retrospective, I'll explain them to anyone who needs them.

--redacted--

Never mind, see a few posts down. My apologies.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next