Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Judging difficulty on Portal?

Hey, I was just wondering, how do you think difficulty will be judged on Portal? Assuming they have Easy Normal and Hard.

I can only imagine that the combine balls will last not so long, but I can't see that making the game harder as they respawn anyway.

Most of the destruction and damage in the game is physics/impact based so theres no health or weapons involved

Maybe you die easier by the turrets or something?

I'd like to hear views. :)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Yeah, the damage from turrets will probably be increased, and the lifespan on the combine balls might be shortened. Just because they respawn doesn't make it easier to complete a puzzle with them short.

I also wonder if there will even be difficulty levels, since there is the optional challeneges at the end.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I did read a setting in settings about something that assist you with portal placement /aiming,

Yeah, Portal Funnel. It's not an auto-aim, what it does is make it so that if you are going into a portal and you are barely going to miss it and land on the edge, it funnels you in. Keep in mind that you have to A.) actually going to have made it in the first place, and B.) you have to look at the portal you're going in to for it to work.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.