Please or Register to create posts and topics.

January Mapping Contest Underway

Now that <Holiday Name Here> is all over and everyone has recovered, it's time to get back to mapping! ThinkingWithPortals is offering a $50 gift card to NewEgg.com as a prize for the January Mapping contest. This month's theme is visual appeal in the Aperture Laboratories test chambers - the best looking map will be our winner.

Check out the contest rules thread for details!

Update! By request, we are going to extend the date of the contest by an extra week. The contest now ends February 10th, so hopefully we will get more submissions!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

-deleted-

Check the first post, contest has been extended.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I'm glad for the extension, I had to scrap 2 puzzles in my map due to issues with how the game handles certain conditions/events and how often (or unoften in this case) they can be effectively reproduced.

This will hopefully give me time to finish with a decent final product.

are you planning to overlap the feb contest and start it on feb 1?

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--
iamafractal wrote:
are you planning to overlap the feb contest and start it on feb 1?

No, that's silly. We'll start a new contest once this one ends. I have a few ideas in mind.

hm... I'm thinking worth1000.com has overlapping contests. that way they have them regularly, and the differing subjects attract different people.

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--

worth 1000 also has 5 or 6 contests on the go at all times, and many many more users, and it takes a tiny fraction of the time to make an entry, and they get 100 times more entries.

is there going to be a thread with a poll where we can vote for a map?

Browen wrote:
is there going to be a thread with a poll where we can vote for a map?

There already is one. :sigh: