Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ITT: Angel describes why mapping for Unreal doesn't suck

Go.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

??

Eh, having a WYSIWYG editor definitely has its advantages, but comes with its own set of problems. :P

I hate the "inside out" shit, it never made sense in my mind. The world shouldn't be solid and I hollow it out, the world should be empty and I build inside of it. I wonder if that is some sort of "glass half empty/half full" analogy.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

The unreal editor is awesome, you just gotta get the hang on. :wink:

msleeper wrote:
I hate the "inside out" shit, it never made sense in my mind. The world shouldn't be solid and I hollow it out, the world should be empty and I build inside of it. I wonder if that is some sort of "glass half empty/half full" analogy.

The upside to that is no leaks. You should try out Unreal Engine 3's editor when Unreal Tournament 3 comes out, the world starts out empty, but you don't have to seal it. Bonus!

Yeah, I am considering used the new Unreal engine for my would-be mod, Crunk Rally. Their vehicle netcode is wayyy better than Source's, which is what I want and need. Also the engine is amazing looking.

The Unreal 3 engine is SO AWESOME, hopefully when unreal tournament 3 comes out, the map editor will be better than UT2k4's :wink: