Please or Register to create posts and topics.

IRC?

Can we get a IRC channel where the regulars can chat? I'd love that. :)

I second this motion!

#thinkingwithportals on efnet.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Everyone get on IRC and just idle there even if you aren't there. Especially because Portal is a single player game, having an outside interactive community is really important. Having a lively channel is a great way have fun and also speed up sharing new things. If you don't know what IRC is, go download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com/get.html and when you have the program up and running type "/s irc.choopa.net" without quotes. Wait a couple of minutes and you will see a lot of running text like a booting OS, then type in "/j thinkingwithportals" and VOILA! Cheers

Bumping this thread in case newer members haven't read it. We have 266 members, but I only ever see the same 10 in irc.
Join up! Theres an IRC tutorial thread in this forum as well, if you've never used IRC before.

Rivid31 wrote:
Bumping this thread in case newer members haven't read it. We have 266 members, but I only ever see the same 10 in irc.
Join up! Theres an IRC tutorial thread in this forum as well, if you've never used IRC before.

Not to mention it is in the Community Links sticky.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

i woulda thought gamesurge woulda been better with the high HL community there

Yeah you are right, but me and f0rkz are idling on efnet all the time anyway because of our work.

msleeper wrote:
Yeah you are right, but me and f0rkz are idling on efnet all the time anyway because of our work.