Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Information on Portal 2 Puzzle Creator

PreviousPage 5 of 10Next
zivi7 wrote:
Look what I found under my pillow.

Ugh, seeing this really makes me wish I was one of those testing it. It looks really interesting to use.

However there is one thing I wonder, well quite a few things but I'll go into my #1 question first, how does the lighting work? Does it work like instances? For example if I wanted an observation room to be my light source is there some sort of editing involved, or is it basically just an instanced Observation Room like the ones we can access in Hammer? I honestly don't know why that's been bothering me but it has so I thought I'd ask.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

I honestly don't know. :lol:

I'ts using a newer model format that Portal 2 currently doesn't support, the the models can still be decompiled and recompiled into an older format.

ImageImage

i'm really looking forward to this. i played lots of custommaps from this site (most where between "good" and "OMG i cant believe how awesome this is". And while i enjoyed using mapeditors in other games (especially trackmania) a lot, i gave up frustrated (twice) when i tried to use hammer for portal2 maps.

So excited and cant wait this thing gets released (while i do understand closed beta is important needs time, no intention to start any commentwars on that). dont wanna bore you with further details. </ :blah: >

RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
However there is one thing I wonder, well quite a few things but I'll go into my #1 question first, how does the lighting work? Does it work like instances? For example if I wanted an observation room to be my light source is there some sort of editing involved, or is it basically just an instanced Observation Room like the ones we can access in Hammer? I honestly don't know why that's been bothering me but it has so I thought I'd ask.

In short, anything you can add is an instance. There is an observation room instance, and a light panel instance. They don't have any parameters.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

Looks like there will be more info tomorrow: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2668009

Today's the big day, this night they will publish a trailer, and editor will come in May 8th :D

Here it is: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... l-2/729578

Looks like 8th of May is the day. :thumbup:

Unnofficial preview: edited by petition (lol).

Is this allowed yet? I thought it was all hush till the 8th.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
PreviousPage 5 of 10Next