Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Idicator Strips (New SDK)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I've checked all the indicator strip overlays in the sample map manually now, and they all have the same name, which is what the env_texturetoggle references. I can't explain why your version of the sample map doesn't. Either way, I'd have a shot at doing it the way noted above. Maybe it'll work.

EDIT:

Quote:
Edit: I should also mention that this is actually map: testchmb_a_00_d

Is that decompiled? Then perhaps something was lost in the decompilation process, especially if it was assuming pre-orangebox BSP files. Have a look at the map provided by Valve as part of the SDK update.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

They included a map in the SDK update? Damn... I didn't even see that. I'm going to need to check that out. Thanks!

Edit:
Thank you so much! "Your assistance is appreciated."

That worked, and now I know I have a map source to learn from, as opposed to decompiling the official maps. The indicator strips work beautifully! :D

I like my girls like I like my cars, I like them fast, I like them automatic, and I know I'm in trouble if I reach down and feel a stick.
msleeper wrote:
In fact, someone should do a tutorial on the Wiki!
"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

You know, this might be a chance for me to make a name for myself here. Properly cited of course, I think I'll write one. That is, if no one else is planing to yet. :wink:

I like my girls like I like my cars, I like them fast, I like them automatic, and I know I'm in trouble if I reach down and feel a stick.
PreviousPage 2 of 2