Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I WANT YOUR MAPS

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

I'm sorry, West, but looking back at this while more awake I agree with Lp and Msleeper. And your game looks fun, but it also seems a LOT like Portal, and you should probably at least change the complementary-colored-oval-portals, cylinder-box-droppers-on-ceilings, and portalable-white-and-non-portalable-black-panels to avoid infringing on Portal's copyright. (Also, the wooden-looking things don't seem to fit the tiles and metal. (What exactly does a "communism style" game mean?)

That said, why don't you try finding some people who have made good PTI maps with the elements you currently have to work with and offering to pay them for the designs they've already made? There are some great ones out there, and if they give you the VMF it should be easy enough to use Propper and instantly turn it into a model. I know Mevious for one has made some INCREDIBLE puzzles, although I don't think I would qualify them as "easy."

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
I'm sorry, West, but looking back at this while more awake I agree with Lp and Msleeper. And your game looks fun, but it also seems a LOT like Portal, and you should probably at least change the complementary-colored-oval-portals, cylinder-box-droppers-on-ceilings, and portalable-white-and-non-portalable-black-panels to avoid infringing on Portal's copyright. (Also, the wooden-looking things don't seem to fit the tiles and metal. (What exactly does a "communism style" game mean?)

That said, why don't you try finding some people who have made good PTI maps with the elements you currently have to work with and offering to pay them for the designs they've already made? There are some great ones out there, and if they give you the VMF it should be easy enough to use Propper and instantly turn it into a model. I know Mevious for one has made some INCREDIBLE puzzles, although I don't think I would qualify them as "easy."

Felix i dont want you to change your mind, but the game is legal (my english is too bad to explain this in details). I agree with you about black/white texture, they would be switched to other style, because this was made by myself in photoshop and game will looks like abandoned soviet laboratory.

I am absolutelly don't mind to pay for maps that have already done, but i don't have any contacts of that peoples. This is one of the reason why i am posting here.

@All please read first post. I have explained what do i need, why do i need new maps and terms for our possible cooperation.

Try looking here: downloads.php?cat=5 (under PTI or Single-Player). Once you know their name you can send them a PM.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Try looking here: downloads.php?cat=5 (under PTI or Single-Player). Once you know their name you can send them a PM.

Thank you. I will try. Anyway if anyone would be interested to work with me, just pm (or email) or just answer here.

Workshop maps are in my signature. Nothing really all that great but I'm happy for my designs to be used, all I'd ask is to be credited and possibly for linkbacks to my original maps. I personally don't create maps for money because I'm just not skilled enough to make a living from it but I'm happy for my designs to be used if they interest you.

Shane wrote:
Workshop maps are in my signature. Nothing really all that great but I'm happy for my designs to be used, all I'd ask is to be credited and possibly for linkbacks to my original maps. I personally don't create maps for money because I'm just not skilled enough to make a living from it but I'm happy for my designs to be used if they interest you.

Thank you Shane

npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
west131087 wrote:
I respect you, and I don't mind if you would like share your map for free. I am not looking here for condemnation, I'm looking for support and understanding.

I am trying to give you constructive support. I think that if you want the really top-tier mappers to design puzzles for your game, you're going to have to pony up more than $20 for a map.
I urge you to take a few minutes to read it.

That's absolutely ridiculous! $20.00 per map is a ton of money when you do the math! It's hardly logical he would even pay twenty dollars anyways, because first off, Portal 2 is $20 dollars and Valve spent thousands of hours designing it, and second, you mappers make maps all the time for free! Just for the sake of making a map! So actually having your map ported into an iOS version of Portal for the world to download and play would be more of an honor then a "pay up and I'll do it" kind of thing.

west131087 wrote:
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
It's pretty incredibly insulting to tell people that their work is "easy".

@npc_msleeper_boss Sorry if you think i told something wrong, but I can't understand why this topic is making you hurt so much

I really don't get why they're taking this topic so seriously either.

I got it for 5$. Valve has double discounts.

I bet that if this guy didn't offer to pay anyone, and asked for people to voluntarily map for him, people would have accepted the job- no questions asked. However, since he promised about $20.00 per map people start saying:

npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
$10 to $20 per map is a slap in the face to the huge majority of the map designers here.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
You're the one who "doesn't understand", not us. You don't think people are worth enough money for their time. So don't expect to get a lot of people wanting to help you.

The irony is that after they say that, they probably go ahead and work on a map in Hammer. Just for the sake of making a map, no profit at all.

And anyways, Wes, you are going to have some legal problems with the game. I've seen an iOS version of Portal before that Valve threatened to sue if they didn't make it free. You could probably go into a partnership with Valve and split the money you make though.

Yea... The wormholes game was taken down or removed from the App Store a while ago, you will definitely be facing some copyright issues, even if it is free.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next