Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I WANT YOUR MAPS

Page 1 of 6Next

Hi guys. I am an author of game Portalizer, that you can play on Android platform.
Here is short video of gameplay :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSTDE0WZ_eg

About my project. I dont want you guys to misunderstood me. I have published game on Android and soon with new interface i will launch it on iOS. I need to support gamers who already bought the game, because of that i need a 15-20 new maps for free to them. Also there is would be a store where gamers would buy a mappacks through in-app.

So here is a how i could cooperate with mapmakers. You make a map pack, i am importing it into Unity and we split the income from selling it through gamestore (that would be in near future with new interface).

If you are interested, please reply in this thread or mail me : @gmail.com">ggappleid@gmail.com

What sort of level editor would there be for this? What enging does it run on?

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
What sort of level editor would there be for this? What enging does it run on?

The game is made on Unity Engine. Map could be done for example in new Portal 2 Map Editor, and you give me a drawing. If you want to get revenue from selling your packs, so there would be a little bit other conditions.
In game you can use:
- Material Emancipation Grill
- Lift
- Aerial Faith Plate
- Simple Panels
- Excursion Funnel
- Hard Light Bridge
- Thermal Discouragement Beam
- Toxic water
- Heavy Duty Super Button
- Weighted Companion Cube
- Discouragement Redirection Cube
- Switch

Later would be possible to use Turrets.
There is no GELS.

= the texture alignment

but it looks interesting overall

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

That actually looks really cool. I hope you don't get DMCA'd by Valve when you try to sell it, though.

Also, you said you're developing this on the Android platform, but you also said you're preparing to release on iOS. Are you not releasing on Android, as well?

BenVlodgi wrote:
= the texture alignment

We are working on new level design, because current maps was made by myself in Google Sketchup

wstrika wrote:
That actually looks really cool. I hope you don't get DMCA'd by Valve when you try to sell it, though. Also, you said you're developing this on the Android platform, but you also said you're preparing to release on iOS. Are you not releasing on Android, as well?

We have already released game on Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HeavalRexet.Portalizer. The game is absolutely legal, that is why we try to make it larger, interesting and excellent looking. So we need new cool content, that would be selling as level packs, and original authors would have a revenue too.

wstrika, Unity is cross platform for Android and iOS so brobro can release it on whatever he wants.

west131087 wrote:
If you want i could buy your ideas for 10-20 dollars per map (depends on quality), or give you a part of revenue from selling your pack (if you would make a whole pack with 20-25 maps).

$10 to $20 per map is a slap in the face to the huge majority of the map designers here. Also note to anyone: never ever ever get in on a "profit share", you are are literally just fucking yourself.

EDIT
Also it looks like the "source code" link on that video's description doesn't work anymore.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I would be interested in designing a few levels for this medium. email me at @gmail.com">benvlodgi@gmail.com

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
$10 to $20 per map is a slap in the face to the huge majority of the map designers here. Also note to anyone: never ever ever get in on a "profit share", you are are literally just fucking yourself.

I respect you, and I don't mind if you would like share your map for free. I am not looking here for condemnation, I'm looking for support and understanding.

BenVlodgi wrote:
I would be interested in designing a few levels for this medium. email me at @gmail.com">benvlodgi@gmail.com

Ok

Here is video how it looks on phone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2X0ePJCA0

west131087 wrote:
I respect you, and I don't mind if you would like share your map for free. I am not looking here for condemnation, I'm looking for support and understanding.

I am trying to give you constructive support. I think that if you want the really top-tier mappers to design puzzles for your game, you're going to have to pony up more than $20 for a map.

Look at it this way. Most of the better quality maps here have, at minimum, 100 hours put into them. Building, detailing, lighting, and an amazing amount of testing. So if someone puts 100 hours into making a map, and you want to give them $20 for it, you are basically paying them $0.20/hr for their work.

I can't think of anyone here, especially anyone with a map in the "Spotlight" category, who would be happy working for $1.60 a day.

EDIT
While the medium is totally different, an amazing prop designer named Matt Munson recently wrote an article on this very subject. If you are looking to pay people for their time and creativity, I urge you to take a few minutes to read it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Page 1 of 6Next