Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How To Build A Portal Gun

Page 1 of 2Next

So it looks like someone really knows how to hit a right note here, and has posted instructions on how to create a Portal Gun prop using semi-ordinary materials. Judging from the list of materials, this should run you only about $20 if you have some of the pieces laying around the garage.

Totally awesome for a 1 year anniversary Portal Halloween. Kudos!

Source: http://granades.com/2008/10/28/how-to-create-a-portal-gun-in-many-easy-steps/

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ya saw this in the other thread about it, but I may actually make one and try and make it better :D.

Might be easy to add in 3 LED lights, an orange, a blue and a red or a blue and orange light :D.

Those pictures of the "tests" are made of win. You are a hero among men, sir.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

now we sould make a Gravity Gun! :D

Yeah, I'm Christian, and yeah, I pray to God. Don't like it? Well, that's too bad.
TiMeMaSTeR wrote:
now we sould make a Gravity Gun! :D

Thinking about it, actually. Me and a few friends are working on Combine costumes for Dragon Con.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Thinking about it, actually. Me and a few friends are working on Combine costumes for Dragon Con.

:wut:

UBERNERD ALL THE WAY!

Yeah, I'm Christian, and yeah, I pray to God. Don't like it? Well, that's too bad.

Yeah hopefully there is going to be about 8 of us, and then me as a Supersoldier. I can't decide if I should make an Overwatch Pulse Rifle for me or the Gravity gun, a'la the scene in Breen's office.

That would be so awesome to do....
lucky! :P

msleeper wrote:
the Gravity gun, a'la the scene in Breen's office.

HEY WHAT DOES THIS THING DO?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Hober if you want to get in on the action, I think in the end it is going to cost about $100-$150 per costume for the fabric, helmet, and voice modulator if you want to chip in. Hell I might even be okay with you being a Supersoldier and we can make an IRL version of my avatar.

Page 1 of 2Next