Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How does GLaDOS get test subjects?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hober is right, unless there is an Aperture Science Quick Cloning Device hidden somewhere in the facility. But seriously, Hober is right about cloning.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Always thought that the subjects were prison inmates sold to corporations in perfect scifi style.

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

Perhaps the Enrichment Centre is actually The Island and they're just using the inmates to test portal technology out of pure convenience. I mean why not?
Please don't actually list reasons as to why not

NuclearDuckie wrote:
Perhaps the Enrichment Centre is actually The Island and they're just using the inmates to test portal technology out of pure convenience. I mean why not?
Please don't actually list reasons as to why not

They could, given that they use mentally ill people, orphans and hobos. I wouldn't be suprised if inmates were involved, especially in the later stages of Aperture as they need money badly. They could go to the government and say "We'll take your prisoners out of the prisons and test them, saving taxpayer dollars on prisons, and we get new test subjects, and the prisoners have just as little chance of escape! Everybody wins, with the possible exception of the inmates.

"Inmates" may not have been the most fitting term.

Aperture also had a phase where they used plants as test subjects.

I also believe door to door salesmen were snatched at one point.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

If I remember correctly, in Portal 1 there is a clipboard laying around somewhere showing a chicken as a test subject.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
If I remember correctly, in Portal 1 there is a clipboard laying around somewhere showing a chicken as a test subject.

Is that why there was chicken sounds included in the sound files? Lol

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
NuclearDuckie wrote:
"Inmates" may not have been the most fitting term.

Oh really? I've never heard of The Island, I just assumed that Inmates referred to prisoners.

PreviousPage 2 of 2