Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How does GLaDOS get test subjects?

Page 1 of 2Next

Or how she even can see what's above the facility in general.
Does she use her claws to pick them up from the surface? (or whatever

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
)
She might have Atlas and P-Body go and find random people and lead them to Aperture, or maybe the same method that Cave uses.(Which is, at least I think, finding random homeless people and take them to Aperture)
After all, he mentions that for most of them, 60 dollars would be a lot.
It could also be them falling into Aperture Science, because I mean really, just look at all those holes in the ceiling!(or what would normally be holes in the dirt)

Test subjects were 'acquired' by aperture science before the first glados incident. They were stored in cryosleep until required. How they were 'acquired' is unknown. It is known that at one point Aperture was collecting vagrants of the street is exchange for $60-$120. It is seen in the hotel ride of SP and in the final cinematic of the co-op that Aperture had done this extensively. It is unknow if Chell was the only test subject remaining during the events of Portal 1 but it is unlikely as Wheatley explains during the hotel ride that after Glados' death a substantial amount of test subjects died from lack of power to life support system suggesting that they were in cryosleep when glados was destroyed. It is generally assumed that chell is the only human alive remaining during the events of Portal 2, except of course the test subjects still in cryosleep in the vault.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

There were theories about this way back when the first game was released. Seems the common notion is that everyone who was in the facility at Aperture's first Bring Your Daughter to Work Day was either killed or captured for testing. Cloning may have been involved in increasing their numbers.

NuclearDuckie wrote:
...Cloning may have been involved in increasing their numbers.

Not sure if trolling....

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
NuclearDuckie wrote:
...Cloning may have been involved in increasing their numbers.

Not sure if trolling....

There's a difference between trolling and
:baselessspeculation:

This belongs in Singleplayer where the rest of the insane speculation goes.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I would've thought that this had been posted in the off-topic section. :/
Also, I'm mainly drawing ideas from themes towards the end of the Flash Version map pack.

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/#22

GLaDOS says right there that test subjects may be cloned. So as long as she had Chell, she would effectively have infinite test subjects.

Edit: Lab Rat was official, right? Apologies if it wasn't.

Lab Rat is an official comic. But I don't think everyone read the comic. The reason why all the other test subjects are dead (or in a vegitative state as Wheatley put it) is because Ratman saved her by "fixing" the Relaxation Chamber.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
iKaleb wrote:
So as long as she had Chell, she would effectively have infinite test subjects.

That makes no sense... Cloning doesn't make one human being in to two with no other inputs. You still have to grow the clone from fetus into a human, which takes time and food. In that respect, clones are no different than any other test tube babies.

You only clone test subjects if you want as close as you can get to the exact same test subject running the test. But that doesn't necessarily answer where they come from. They still have to be grown in a lab.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Page 1 of 2Next