Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hammer not starting after DLC update

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Hammer works, but cannot compile anything

E: Verifying Portal 2 and Authoring Tools cache helped. Now I can compile.

same for me! It wont compile anything

Thank god, it works again.
BTW, did someone try whether you can now build cubemaps easily without moving the map to the dlc folders?

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information
Brainstone wrote:
Thank god, it works again.
BTW, did someone try whether you can now build cubemaps easily without moving the map to the dlc folders?

On that note, do VPKs work again? I would test it myself, but I'm at school now.

EDIT: Just tested VPKs. Still no VPK functionality.
Also, I got Hammer to start, except that it won't respond to any input when I try to browse for a model. any ideas?

EDIT 2: If the problem with building cubemaps before was that it crashes right before it's finished, that still seems to be the case.

Try out Twin Pillars, a Portal 2 map by BOB74j.

Re: cubemaps - seems you have to have your bsp files in the dlc2 folder for them to work correctly now, as opposed to dlc1. I guess that's a progression of sorts....

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------

<rant> Do valve not test these things before they release them? I mean, honestly, it wouldnt be that much work to update one pc and check that things work before they send the updates to everyone. its not like its an obscure error or anything, it just doesnt bloody work. and yes i know its fixed now, and if its that quick to fix then that just reinforces the arguement that they should have tested and fixed this before it was released. They do this all the time, do they not learn from their mistakes? </rant>

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.

And couldn't they fix the cubemaps? I guess, it's just a simple adjustment, some strings to be updated.

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information
Spam Nugget wrote:
<rant> Do valve not test these things before they release them? I mean, honestly, it wouldnt be that much work to update one pc and check that things work before they send the updates to everyone. its not like its an obscure error or anything, it just doesnt bloody work. and yes i know its fixed now, and if its that quick to fix then that just reinforces the arguement that they should have tested and fixed this before it was released. They do this all the time, do they not learn from their mistakes? </rant>

Exactly! It pissed me off as well that they don't care about looking stupid in front of millions of ppl.

If they REALLY NEED the game to start looking into the new dlc2 folder because there's no other way they can make the game run as they expect, AT LEAST tell ppl! Tell us "ey, you know what?, from now on the main path the game will search into is portal2_dlc2... if you want to build cubemaps for example, put your vmf there :D"

I think there should be a really good reason to force us begin to use a new folder... but at least tell us.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I still can't compile with Hammer. It says it can't find vvis. And yes, I've tried verifying the files several times.

Picture that. In your dreams.
Maps:
SP MonoPortal | Lesson 0
WIP: LaserLock Preview Images
Random wrote:
I still can't compile with Hammer. It says it can't find vvis. And yes, I've tried verifying the files several times.

For some reason SDK redownloaded all the SDK compiling executables and I found my firewall was blocking them in the sandbox.
Check if they exist first and then check if your firewall is the problem.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next