Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guy builds functional portalgun stand

For those of you who spent the money on one of those NECA portalguns, apparently they recently released the stand for it. It's only the actual cradle with the Aperture display screen on it though, so it doesn't sit there and rotate.

But this guy decided to fix that. Check out this video of his functional display stand below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusH9yJ9PoE

[via]

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

awesome :thumbup:

Now, can it fire a portal every 90 degrees of rotation?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Now make working portals.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

I think it's great! Though I'd add a logic_timer to that rotating_motor to make it stop each 90 degrees for 1 sec. and maybe a logic_relay to change the blue light of the portalgun to orange (flicker) to fake the shooting of a portal :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

What it really needs is the sounds of it rotating. I'd have the damn thing in the middle of my living room so that when people come to visit I can "acquire the duel portal device". Hehe Although, I imagine most people would be VERY confused by it. Still a coll idea.

Wow! That was...uh, yeah. Just, yeah.