Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Good Re-make idea or not?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
josepezdj wrote:
RubyCarbuncIe wrote:
Especially chamber 18 that one is my absolute favorite Portal 1 chamber.

Mine too! :thumbup:

Indeed, I made my own version of this chamber, but very different for my very first attempt mapping... Now I only took a few mechanics because I enjoy flinging!

Agreed. The flinging was my favorite part of the chamber! :D Which is why my first "Secondary Fire" map revolved so heavily on flinging.

Anyway back on topic, I'd love to see some Old Aperture styled maps, 18 especially. Believe me it's difficult just trying to get started on that chamber in that style because of it's size. Then again I'm not an expert with this style of mapping. Good luck to you! :thumbup:

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

So, it looks like the vote is half and half. I might get started, see where it goes from there.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal
UsCobra11 wrote:
So, it looks like the vote is half and half. I might get started, see where it goes from there.

Well, just do it if you feel like it. Don't let our votes stand in your way :thumbup:

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...

If you're going to do it underground, why not adapt the puzzles? Often in Valve's underground maps, what you see is the ruin of a test chamber, and you have to solve the puzzle differently because everything is destroyed.

The first example that springs to mind is the one of the first blue gel puzzles: to get to the next chamber, you used to have to traverse the walkway, but that's destroyed; instead you use portals and go a different rout.

If you could do the same thing to the puzzles, it'd give you an edge among the Portal 1 remakes out there.

BEARD! wrote:
If you're going to do it underground, why not adapt the puzzles? Often in Valve's underground maps, what you see is the ruin of a test chamber, and you have to solve the puzzle differently because everything is destroyed.

That is a good idea, I was thinking of that as well. I'll try to brainstorm some ideas while doing a quick playthrough of Portal.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal
PreviousPage 2 of 2