Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod

PreviousPage 5 of 15Next

Thanks!

Maybe, although I don't know Java. Can it do curses?

Falsi sumus crusto!

if you wrote the program in java then it will work on Windows, Mac, and Linux just fine.
if you wrote the program in C++ then the code will have to be recompiled with each OS specific compiler, and have separate distributions, but the code wont have to change

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

This one's C++, although I'd think it wouldn't be hard to port--it's just text file manipulations.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
This one's C++, although I'd think it wouldn't be hard to port--it's just text file manipulations.

a recompilation for each OS is really simple :)

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

I know, but I don't have a mac cross-compiler. :(

Falsi sumus crusto!

Do you have/can you do cube buttons on piston platforms? It's not a big deal though; I plan on learning Hammer soon anyway. Also, anyone know if a map with cube buttons on piston platforms, and lasers, has been done in the past? Thanks

I don't know of a map like that, but I can fairly easily add that. The problem is that you won't be able to change the height--I can use the piston class, or the button class, but not both.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Ok, that would work for me, but it's a bit unfair to ask because odds are such things would be terribly restrictive for everyone else. If you do make this, the ones in my map will move up 2 units when activated, but I don't mind figuring out a way to do it in Hammer
actually, these could be versatile if the "start enabled" box is there. Don't know if that's a conflict with the object classes through.
edit: also, i think it would be handy to have them slightly higher than normal PPs so that the cubes on the butons can catch lasers placed in the center of squares. i know this would help my puzzle to prevent crazy angle solutions, and would probably be a handy addition overall

The two attributes I can use on any element, regardless of class, are $startenabled and $timercount. So that would work.

But I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding what you're saying. Do you just want the platform to be a few units above the normal position?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Yeah, that was my idea. See, if its high enough that I don't have to lower the beams, that means that cubes sitting on the ground will be too low to touch the beams. Not necessary, just nice.

PreviousPage 5 of 15Next